Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the solstice locator on the gm canada website using my postal code (N9J 3E9) and it showed 7 sols at Jerome Taylor Pontiac!! The vins are:
1G2MBxxxxxxx846
I called my salesperson to find out any info and unfortunately I am still not preferenced (ordered October 5). I knew none of the above were mine since none were aggressive. They may be yours....good luck! At least I may be seeing more on the road.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
mr omaha said:
I used the solstice locator on the gm canada website using my postal code (N9J 3E9) and it showed 7 sols at Jerome Taylor Pontiac!! The vins are:
1G2MBxxxxxxx846
I called my salesperson to find out any info and unfortunately I am still not preferenced (ordered October 5). I knew none of the above were mine since none were aggressive. They may be yours....good luck! At least I may be seeing more on the road.
7? that can't be right can it?

·
Registered
496 Posts
locator

mr omaha said:
1G2MBxxxxxxx846
that only shows Solstice that may be available to Jerome Taylor.
I was just there, didn't see any.
To prove it, search on Gus Revenberg and I bet you will see the same vin #'s

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
mr omaha said:
1G2MBxxxxxxx846
Surely those must have been delivered by now. Of course they have 100xxx in front of those VINs, right? None of them were on my list, which is based on excelsior's excellent list.

Oops, wait, how did 006 and 035 get in there? They can't be 100006 or 100035, those are pre-production. What are the first 3 digits for each of those cars?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure what the digits are. The web site shows the digits replaced by the xxxx's. They all start with 1G2MBxxxxxxxx###. I am not sure what this means , but was hoping that the flood gates had opened somehow :). It does describe the cars and the options and MSRP.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GreatWhiteNorth said:
You are so right. I did check with the Gus Revenberg site and it shows 3 sols, all the VIN's are listed in the Jerome Taylor site (788, 900 and 839 I think they were). So much for a possible huge influx of sols.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
GreatWhiteNorth said:
:agree: This is pure BS. Even if real Solstices show up it includes presold ones.

·
Registered
496 Posts
sols

mr omaha said:
You are so right. I did check with the Gus Revenberg site and it shows 3 sols, all the VIN's are listed in the Jerome Taylor site (788, 900 and 839 I think they were). So much for a possible huge influx of sols.
If you search Gus Revenberg with an east Windsor postal code, it will bring up all 7 Sol Vin #'s.
I can however say, about two weeks prior to taking delivery of my Sol, my car and Vin # was showing up on my Dealer's website as available for sale.
It was ordered for stock so I doubt if a customer order car would show up the same way.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
mr omaha said:
Not sure what the digits are. The web site shows the digits replaced by the xxxx's. They all start with 1G2MBxxxxxxxx###. I am not sure what this means , but was hoping that the flood gates had opened somehow :). It does describe the cars and the options and MSRP.
OK, so GM Canada is putting enough x's to prevent us from knowing the exact VIN, probably for privacy. Thanks for checking, mr omaha. So they could be 101xxx or 102xxx, etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
B.C. shows 20 Sols

I did the same search for Sols in B.C. (using local postal codes) and found that virtually any dealer in the Vancouver area has 1 to 2 Sols available, with 20 more that "may be available to the dealer". I am assuming that that means that there is probably 22 Sols in the Vancouver area that those dealers can eventually draw from.

When I searched my local Kamloops area, there was 2 Sols that were "available" in the Kamloops area dealers. Since mine is one of them (expected delivery in about 48 hours), I assume that there is at least one more being delivered in the area soon, that dealers may be able to draw from.

Since Zimmer Wheaton has asked me to leave my Sol in the showroom for a month or so (it is snowing here so I am not driving it anyway) I don't think they are getting one anytime soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts