Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im glad to see the F1K deliveries picking up and the first allocation cars now getting perferenced by GM.....now the question is........is the 7000 cars GM stated they can produced in the CY enough to fill the first month allocations to all dealerships?

SD/others....what would you think....and how does this impact the second four month allocations other than extending their wait periods.......this could sustain a 6 plus month wait for each succeeding allocation period...as long as production levels are not at what GM thought they could sustain....and then you add the Sky production on top of this......and increased demand for the solstice now that they are hitting the streets!!!

hey Pontiac......tell your dealerships about this....Mine found out about it in the carconnection.com on line forum......you had a central office for the F1K folks....now you have a high demand for this little roadster...and 13K plus orders not with standing.....do you now transition your solstice HQ number to the non F1K future owners concerns?.......their wait was long......ours will be just as long...as we are just as excited about this car as the F1K owners , the only difference...is we dont have the dash emblem on ours.....

·
5,641 Posts
Any number of cars is enough to fill the Estimated First Four Month Allocation, since it is just an "ESTIMATE".

That being said, the 7,000 number in the press this week represents a drop from the 9,000-10,000 figure previously used, I would guess a delay in the "Second" allocation period.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Small Dealer, what questions should I ask?

Small Dealer the whole allocation systems doesn't seem to work very well for an initial roll out of a new vehicle. But shouldn't we at least have a number. If estimated production was 1500 cars per month times 4 months, wouldn't the 4 month allocation be based on 6000 cars, which after the first 1000 means we need 7000 just to complete the first allocation.

This is consistent with the observation that production slipped two months and the July-Oct allocation ended up being a Sep-Dec allocation.

I am sitting in the middle of my dealer's allocation of nine vehicles. I am getting frustrated at not getting any information about what is happening. I stopped by today to find that my salesman was off, but was assured "We are getting a couple of cars this month". I don't care if there are a couple of cars coming in. I want to know when my car might be here.

My dealer is the largest dealer in Eastern Ontario and I expected them to get better treatment with respect to their allocation. But we are now into the 7th week of allocation and since four months is 17 weeks, they should have more than just one or two cars coming at this point. They should have almost 4 cars picked up and they should know what they have coming in the next month, but I cannot get any answers out of them. :brentil:

I am close to asking for my deposit back and just giving up on this car altogether. :cuss:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...yes dear

Small Dealer said:
Any number of cars is enough to fill the Estimated First Four Month Allocation, since it is just an "ESTIMATE".
That statment makes no sense. If the estimate was 10,000 cars, then 9999 cars would NOT be enough to fill that estimate.
:cool:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Small Dealer the whole allocation systems doesn't seem to work very well for an initial roll out of a new vehicle. But shouldn't we at least have a number. If estimated production was 1500 cars per month times 4 months, wouldn't the 4 month allocation be based on 6000 cars, which after the first 1000 means we need 7000 just to complete the first allocation.

This is consistent with the observation that production slipped two months and the July-Oct allocation ended up being a Sep-Dec allocation.

I am sitting in the middle of my dealer's allocation of nine vehicles. I am getting frustrated at not getting any information about what is happening. I stopped by today to find that my salesman was off, but was assured "We are getting a couple of cars this month". I don't care if there are a couple of cars coming in. I want to know when my car might be here.

My dealer is the largest dealer in Eastern Ontario and I expected them to get better treatment with respect to their allocation. But we are now into the 7th week of allocation and since four months is 17 weeks, they should have more than just one or two cars coming at this point. They should have almost 4 cars picked up and they should know what they have coming in the next month, but I cannot get any answers out of them. :brentil:

I am close to asking for my deposit back and just giving up on this car altogether. :cuss:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don"t do it!! I definetly get the feeling they are hoping we get disscouraged
and cancel our orders. Face it, this car is so hot, they (the dealers) have friends and relatives that are most definetly hounding them for one.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:

Don't Give Up!!!!!! Don't Give Up!!!!!! Don't Give Up!!!!!! Don't Give Up!!!!!!
I just saw the car for the first time and if they told me I couldn't get it till next summer I'd wait. The car is absolutely stunning and well worth the wait. If you have a transportation issue find something to hold you over. When this car gets into the main stream and is seen by the masses, I doubt you will be able to get one for a long time.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Thanks guys, I am probably too stubborn to give up anyway. But it would be really good to get some information as to delivery. :thumbs:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:

man, i new i wasn't the only one... i feel the exact same way. my dealer has been good up to a month ago. haven't heard anything since the beginning of aug. :brentil: i too want to know WHERE'S MY CAR? i don't want to give up on this car and probaly won't, but this will probaly be the last car i buy from this dealer. possibly GM if i don't get some news on my car. i want to know if i am getting mine this year...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Solstice baby said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don"t do it!! I definetly get the feeling they are hoping we get disscouraged
and cancel our orders. Face it, this car is so hot, they (the dealers) have friends and relatives that are most definetly hounding them for one.
that is true. i never thought about that. :leaving:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Thanks guys, I am probably too stubborn to give up anyway. But it would be really good to get some information as to delivery. :thumbs:
Don't listen to them!! Do it, do it! That will get me one car closer. :D

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Editguy said:
Don't listen to them!! Do it, do it! That will get me one car closer. :D
Theoretically yes, but actually it won't., mine is one of those for export only models. So Jester might get his car sooner.

·
Registered
763 Posts
7000-1000 (first 1000)=6000 times 3 (4 month allocations in a year)= 18000 cars a year not far off from the 20000 a year statement. So in my mind, yes.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Theoretically yes, but actually it won't., mine is one of those for export only models. So Jester might get his car sooner.
You had to burst my bubble didn't you! Maybe it IS time to make Canada the 51st state! :D
Wow, this was my 1000th post :party:

·
4,592 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Stubborn pays off

Fortyninenorth said:
Spoke to my dealer today, my car has been preferenced, YEAH. :willy:

Only took 4 months and 12 days to see any progress on the order. :lol:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Spoke to my dealer today, my car has been preferenced, YEAH. :willy:

Only took 4 months and 12 days to see any progress on the order. :lol:
Congrats on taking a step. I didn't really want you to cancel. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Drive away

I checked the locaror this morning( i work in a Toronto dealer) and the only solstice showing at a dealer in all of Canada is at Williamson in Mississauga in colour 42U.(I dont work there). GM is having a "drive away" management meeting on Sept 26th in Oshawa...each comes to pick up their 1st car. The meeting was originally supposed to happen on the 19th.

·
Registered
30 Posts
any chance you can -----

Ahhhhgressive said:
I checked the locaror this morning( i work in a Toronto dealer) and the only solstice showing at a dealer in all of Canada is at Williamson in Mississauga in colour 42U.(I dont work there). GM is having a "drive away" management meeting on Sept 26th in Oshawa...each comes to pick up their 1st car. The meeting was originally supposed to happen on the 19th.
check DO2920 waiting - waiting - waiting invoiced 04/04/05

thanks if you can !!!!!

topup driver - ready to give up!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Editguy said:
Congrats on taking a step. I didn't really want you to cancel. ;)
I knew that! ;)

Hey if you can't take a joke, you shouldn't post here. :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts