Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hey,
What was the project you had going this past week when my wife and I stopped in to get the Probeam,backbone, HF converter and venom brace installed? It looked like an ecotec engine mounted in the back of a frame of some sort.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I would love one of these!!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Dave, you can send me one for Christmas!!!

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey,
What was the project you had going this past week when my wife and I stopped in to get the Probeam,backbone, HF converter and venom brace installed? It looked like an ecotec engine mounted in the back of a frame of some sort.
No, the one you saw is another one that we are finishing up, it is only going to have 500hp ;)

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
It would be awesome to have a street legal version. Imagine pulling out of the garage for a backroads spin.
Atoms are street legal. There are 3 of them parked in the garage below me on nice days...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Juts checked their website. Starting around $52,000 and nearly everything is an option. That explains why my wife hasn't got me one. ;)

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Yeap, in the pictures of the first Atom 700 you can see the license plate on it, same with the one we are finishing up here now.
My wife spotted one in a Starbucks parking lot in LA 6 or 7 years ago, and the guy was downright impressed she knew what it was. Ah, Top Gear.

Yes, there is an array of interesting cars where I work. Like I said, I know of at least 3 Atoms in one garage. Saw some sort of Lotus 7 replica (possibly a Catterham) the other day. Still see more Lotus Elises than I do Solstices though.

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So when will the twincharging kit be available for the Solstice? :D
This is not something that we feel can be done as a kit really well, and really works well for a car that already has a supercharger on it. Otherwise, you have to essentially buy a turbo kit, supercharger kit and make them all play well together.

Although saying all that, it definitely can be done on a kappa ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Dave how much for a build like this???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts