Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Premium Member
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe 001136
馃槳

Reactions: RedOne07

Registered
Glad that you are okay. What hit you if you don't mind me asking?

Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious
Noooo! It hurts the eyes!
Too much gore. Her eyeball is on the ground :(
hope you are ok.

Registered
2006 Cool Silver NA 2008 Pure White NA
Condolences. Glad that you don't seem to be hurt.

I love red cars, and had one (for 30 years). In my experience it was a cop and idiot magnet. Cops would target me and stopped me several times (only one ticket) - and I guess because it was easy to see - idiot drivers could "see" it, but consistently misjudge distance and speed and pull out in front of me or just run into it for no apparent reason. It got rear ended at a stop light, a drive-thru at Micky D's, backed into in a parking lot, and a woman literally pulled into my driveway, drove across my yard and ran into it.

Every time I buy a new car my insurance company says, "it's not red is it!?!"

Registered
A couple of hours with a mallet and some Bondo and it'll be in good shape in no time. If you can't pull off the rounded curves you can make it angular and slashes like a Sky.

Administrator
Now I need to find one with a wrecked rear end. I hate to see it totaled. I'll see what the body shop finds.
I'm really sorry to see that.

Salvage cars with intact front-ends are pretty rare, you should get in touch with @Hoosier GXP .

Premium Member
As long as there is not extensive frame damage the parts can be found. There is a place mentioned in a recent thread that has body panels from GM stock. Get it fixed. Then get agreed value insurance

Registered
06 solstice sliver&356Pcar.dirtbike,4wheeler
looks about like my coupe did. many of the online gm dealers have the parts at less than most used sell for. also tim burr hear on the site has one thats rearended and selling off parts,Im getting some off it for my coupe. he should have most everything your gonna need. I got almost everything through gm, just a few odds&ends from him. and yes gm still has frame rails&brackets avalible too for the guys thet need to change a rail or 2

Registered
Ouch - hard to look at but glad your better half is okay.

Wait, you said she's okay, right?

Premium Member
Don't let them total it! If so buy it back and repair it. It is terrible the way they are totaling our kappas. Does look like you did a good job tearing it up but sure can be repaired. Good luck and keep all of us posted on whatever you decide to do.

Registered
It's totaled for sure...no question there. Now it's a matter of do you take the money and run, or do you buy it back and fix/sell it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts