Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received a call from my dealer today and he said your car is here! I said no it's not....he said yes it is....I said no it's not....he said it finally came for real!
I yelled up to my wife, she was doing paperwork for our business, and said, "Our baby's here!" We got in our Montana and drove to the dealership about 12 miles away. I pulled up and my wife said, "There it is"! It was getting prepped for delivery TOMORROW! They had the engine running and all the lights on and the guys were all "checking it out". I asked if I could sit in it as I was the going to be owner....of course he said yes. WOW....snug as a bug in a rug, but it felt "comfortable"!
I took about 9 pictures and then went inside the dealership to make financial arangements for tomorrow. I told them I took as many pictures of my first born.....39 1/2 years ago...they all laughed!
You wouldn't think a 58 1/2 year young person could get this excited!
Will report back how it handles tomorrow.
Ron from Huron, Ohio :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:
Thanks for all the comments of HAPPINESS for me! Hang in there as I thought mine would NEVER get here either, but it finally came! Darn, this is just like Christmas when you're a kid....only a lot BETTER! Top WILL be done comming home tomorrow too! Ron

·
1,492 Posts
Congratulations Ron!

You still have some great late summer days to drive along the Erie Coast.

See everyone, the cars really do get delivered on Tue and Wed.'s- later for those in the west.

·
4,592 Posts
pics :willy:

congrats!

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Ron Brandich said:
I received a call from my dealer today and he said your car is here! I said no it's not....he said yes it is....I said no it's not....he said it finally came for real!
I yelled up to my wife, she was doing paperwork for our business, and said, "Our baby's here!" We got in our Montana and drove to the dealership about 12 miles away. I pulled up and my wife said, "There it is"! It was getting prepped for delivery TOMORROW! They had the engine running and all the lights on and the guys were all "checking it out". I asked if I could sit in it as I was the going to be owner....of course he said yes. WOW....snug as a bug in a rug, but it felt "comfortable"!
I took about 9 pictures and then went inside the dealership to make financial arangements for tomorrow. I told them I took as many pictures of my first born.....39 1/2 years ago...they all laughed!
You wouldn't think a 58 1/2 year young person could get this excited!
Will report back how it handles tomorrow.
Ron from Huron, Ohio :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:
Hey Ron,
I know the feeling. I'm 61 and I'm so excited that my wife and I have not had sex for three years! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Congratulations, enjoy the rides.

·
Registered
383 Posts
flaj said:
Hey Ron,
I know the feeling. I'm 61 and I'm so excited that my wife and I have not had sex for three years! :lol: :lol: :lol:
61 and having SEX? YUCK!! :devil:

·
Registered
515 Posts
700's to Northern Ohio is good news to us 800's in Northern Indiana.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sex and Yuck in the same sentence.

deepdawg said:
61 and having SEX? YUCK!! :devil:
If the children only knew what the :devil:they were talking about they would envy those of us with experience.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
#0725 is GREAT!!!

WOW...I got to the dealership at 11:00, that's when I was told it would be ready, but I was up at 6:00! Five more hours of HELL before I could pick up my baby! When I got to the dealership she was on the showroom floor, in the middle, with the top down....WOW is all I can say! That color, Aggressive, looks good on that car for sure. I'm sure all the colors look good, but then this is the first I've seen in real life. I looked it over....signed all the paperwork....gave them a check...took a lot of pictures...started it up and I drove it off the showroom floor! What a thrill, driving through the door/window right to the partly cloudy outside and of course with the top down! I drove her 55 miles today and she handled great. I got used to the close ratio shifting after about a hour and I now know what the hassle was with the shifting from first to second gear too! You have to shift out of first about 10 MPH to second gear because of the high reving engine! After a little while I was doing just fine. I have another car, '72 Volkswagon that looks like a '29 Ford Woody Wagon, and that 4-speed drives totally different. My wife followed me home, in her new 2006 Chrysler 300C, and she said it really looked good going down the road. Now you got to get the picture....a 58 1/2 year old male with a black Solstice hat and a black Solstice t-shirt with a "****-eating" grin that wouldn't go away the 12 miles home in a really bright RED new looking car that nobody has seen in person yet. It was great and I love it! I wish I could share the pictures I took today, but I don't know how to do it! Anyway, everyone hang in there as I thought I'd never see my beauty, but she's in the garage sleeping right now. I wiped her down, cleaned the windows and put her to bed. She can't go out tomorrow because there's a 90% chance of rain so I have to drive my 2000 Pontiac Montana to work. Wishing everyone a lot of LUCK to get their babies home too!
Ron Brandich-Huron, Ohio

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.