Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a call this afternoon to view the unloading process but I could not get there fast enough, I passed the empty trailer headed the other way. #726 rode shotgun, top front for several fine cars that are now being enjoyed in PA and surroundings.

Good news: I now have had my first drive in a Solstice.
Bad news: I probably won't drive her next for 2 -3 weeks as we are in middle of our annual fruit harvest and there just are not enough hours in a day and being sleep deprived I would not want to hurt my baby.

The ride is absoulutely more fantastic than I imagined. Very supportive seats that fit just right, plenty of visibility, adequate power for a base $20k car. I did notice a little air noise behind me as if something isn't exactly tight but maybe that is normal as I can't attest to the sound emanating from both sides. The car was only washed, not prepped and without a state windshield sticker we could have had a lot of explaining to do, or give the officer a ride.

Did learn that to close trunk you have to press firmly but not too much right in center and it latches perfectly, if you try to press at sides it doesn't work. Surprised that trunk release is not colored so that you can find it in low light conditions. Impressed with early runthrough of DIC and the gauge functions it entails (e.g. coolant temp).

Felt the shudder from 1st to 2nd and somewhat 2nd to 3rd but it seemed to disappear slightly or maybe I learned its ways. Not bothersome. Pickup is good for this size car and it really is larger than several other roadsters . I know the GXP version will be hot. I didn't stand on it but didn't hold back, either,;great steering control and feedback...and all this in just 10 miles.

This I have to share: the head detailer saw the back of her as she was being unloaded and said he was surprised that the 'vette the dealer has on order showed up so soon, and what changes they had made...and then he saw the Pontiac emblem. He is a genius at detailing and prepping and I have full confidence in the outcome. I did not notice any waviness in the back fascia as all seems to be well. No noticeable blemishes, it's not hand-rubbed lacquer, but red id right for this car. In person aggressive is 100% more enticing than even the photo spread in Automobile.

No it i not me in any of the pics, that's my longtime salesperson, Jim giving her her first real meal of liquid refreshment. The lines you might see on the hood in the inside the building shot are reflections and nothing more.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
:party: :party: :cheers: :party: :party:

Love it! Wonder why....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congrats :)
Love our Cool, But that's a sharp shade of Red
Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aspenrose said:
Love it! Wonder why....
Hey, if the F2k people are going to start a subgroup maybe we'll start our own Aggressive Solstice Souls subgroup :jester:

Did I mention I'm kidding here? We are all-inclusive, even Skysters.

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
achieftain said:
Hey, if the F2k people are going to start a subgroup maybe we'll start our own Aggressive Solstice Souls subgroup :jester:

:glol:
Somedays we're the A*S*S*, but we're always makin' 'em look :)
Congrats!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Very Nice!! Congrats! And I agree those pictures of the red look GREAT!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
My car is Cool, and I love it, but I have to say that Red is VERY NICE in person.

My girlfriend fell in love with Aggressive at the launch party, and it is definitely a head turner.

Congrats!!

Flagg

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
:party: It's about time the top non-moderator poster gets his car!!!

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Congratulations, enjoy your new car. :party: :party: :party:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Glad to see you got your car, hope you can find time to drive it some before bad weather.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
You deserve the "fruits" of your labor, achieftain. Suzanne sure looks great!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Congratulations!!!! :party: :cheers: :party: Great pics......Your car is absolutely beautiful!!!! Enjoy. :yesnod:

·
4,592 Posts
Way to go Achieftain! Enjoy it when you get a chance.

Love that red/aggresive, that's my color of choice :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
CONGRATS! :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Missing my Dad 9/40-5/08
330 Posts
Congratulations!! At least you'll have 1 or 2 days of nice weather before that cold front and rain comes through. Enjoy!! :party:

·
2,574 Posts
achieftain said:

I'm in. Red is the color! That is one super sharp car! Pictures are great! Enjoy it Chieftain :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts