Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an email that #81 (mysterious and loaded) may not be getting sold to the original customer. If not I can buy it at MSRP...needless to say, I said YES! DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN ...YES!!! Now..I wait some more! On a second note, it is great to finally have a dealer story that is GOOD! They are doing the right thing. The car is sitting on their showroom floor and waiting to be delivered. I just have to hope its me...otherwise I wait til next spring for mine.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sorry

I actually put a deposit on Vin# 81 VERY early this morning.....so if it is available, I was told that it was mine. Sorry.........

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
I too got the email....and just called the salesman that posted the email...and as of 6:18PM...he hasnt or doesnt know of any deposits received....but the first deposit to reach the dealership....is first in line for the car...if the original owner does back out....mine is on the way Fedex..so should reach first thing in the morning.....

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well...Hopefully we arent just giving deposits for nothing..but I just came back from the dealer and have my receipt in hand. And a buyers order at MSRP. Of course ...no car because we are waiting on the first buyers decision. What excuse were you given for the original buyer possibly backing out?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Sunsports...DeepDawg...check your PMs......uuuummmm sounds like you two are at odds..with each other....good luck on how they straighten this out!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PAO said:
Sunsports...DeepDawg...check your PMs......uuuummmm sounds like you two are at odds..with each other....good luck on how they straighten this out!!
No..I feel we all need to stick together here. If it is true that the car is available because someone got into an accident. Well..maybe its just bad karma. As I told each of you, the car itself is not in perfect condition and I only wanted to settle for this one because it was a F1K (and low # at that), but if it comes down to it, I will certainly back out graciously. No sense in getting into a tussle over a car with different equipment and a different color than I wanted. And that is not in the best of shape. I'm going to talk to the manager later and see what he says. Thanks for the pm guys! :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok..after careful consideration...I have just left a message for the mgr to cancel my deposit. So now the fun begins to see how long before I get a response and how long before I get my deposit back. In all seriousness, I am getting tired of all the drama this car has brought into my life. Im too old for this crap! hahaha

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
deepdawg said:
Ok..after careful consideration...I have just left a message for the mgr to cancel my deposit. So now the fun begins to see how long before I get a response and how long before I get my deposit back. In all seriousness, I am getting tired of all the drama this car has brought into my life. Im too old for this crap! hahaha
:agree:

Dawg.....see my PM to ya my friend!!!!...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sorry

Scott and Paul
I just spoke with Greg and he assured me that my deposit was first if the car is available. I really want the car.
This Forum is great and I feel like we are all in this drama together. I have helped other Forum members find cars.
Sorry.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
SunSports said:
Scott and Paul
I just spoke with Greg and he assured me that my deposit was first if the car is available. I really want the car.
This Forum is great and I feel like we are all in this drama together. I have helped other Forum members find cars.
Sorry.
its yours....way to much drama for me as well...ashame the dealership so lacks communications between their salesmen and manager.....the salesman (Ed) I spoke with at 6:18PM last night told me he was not aware of any deposit....and had asked Gregg (the sales manager) the same.....

Thus Scott drove 2 plus hours last night to give them a deposit..only to have wasted his time..if in fact yours was already there that morning....

so glad you are number 1 in line.....hope you get the car if the gentleman utlimately decides not to take it....good luck

·
5,641 Posts
As we have seen with Karen1506's post, lots of crazyness as Pontiac-GM and dealerships attempt to put up numbers for end the Month and (more importantly) end of the quarter.

Bonzo Audit Scorecard :)
Defend Dealership: No Critical Dealership: No
Defend GM: No Critical GM: No
Provide Infomation: Yes
Answer Question: Yes
General Conversation: No

GO RED SOX!

·
Registered
472 Posts
I agree that the sales people should have known what was going on. I spoke with my salesman 3 times during the day to reconfirm that I was first and that the sales manager had accepted the order. The sales manager confirmed today that my deposit was first. I am sorry to hear that they wasted other buyers time. Now I get to wait and see if the original buyers back out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.