Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
#815 Pictures-Arrived 10-20-2005

A couple of pictures of Sly, loaded except XM & Smokers. Having a great time with it. All is right with it, will be adding mud flaps next week and tonneau cover in a few weeks. :)

www.putfile.com/solstice815

·
Registered
542 Posts
That looks sweet in your garage...and it is a very nice garage I might add! Nothing like a pampered Sol...enjoy and congrats!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Beautiful, just beautiful. It'll be awhile before I have one sitting in my garage here in Southern Oregon.

By the way Oregonian, you might want to clean up the garage there, looking kind of messy! ;) :lol:

Just kidding - you've got that place looking immaculate. Want to come clean my garage?

Any problems with the finish, fit, etc.?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Wow!! She's a beauty!!

I have been thinking about painting my garage and now I think I definitely will. I want to bring my new Sly home to something more than just sheetrock and mud on the walls.

Nice pictures!!

- bspate -

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks!

Yeah, did the garage just for her!! Worked on it in August to make sure all was done, including floor BEFORE car arrived. Can't have any dirt in the garage anymore! Never thought I'd be out mopping the garage floor routinely -- all for a car!! It's worth it though! Fit and finish are great. There is one small mark on passenger side rear panel that has to be polished. It's maybe a quarter inch around. Other than that, it looks and runs great! Have about 650 miles, so haven't really pushed it too hard yet. It does love those curvy roads!

We met up with Mr. & Mrs. Oregon Solstice last weekend - thanks guys, had a GREAT time. Their car is just gorgeous, too!

We need Oregon people to get their cars so we can all go cruisin!

Oh, and yeah, should be 20th! :willy: Hey, just too excited about actually getting the car and driving it to remember much of anything! And, yes, it was definitely worth the wait. Wasn't sure near the end, but it was.

So, thanks all! Hope those of you still waiting don't have to wait 6 1/2 months for yours! :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Car and Garage look great. Is the checkered flooring a rubber material?

I got a call from the dealership today. Recognized the phone # and thought here's the call I'm waiting for. The salesman said if I hurry in I could see a Sol that was in that looked just like mine will. So I rushed down there Because I haven't set eyes on one yet in person. There sat Vin# 20 with 50 miles on it.
Black with ebony leather. Man they look awesome in person!
Sounded like someone backed out of the purchase at some other dealership and they helped sell it for them. Sure wish they would have offered it to me first.

Now it's gonna be even harder to wait after seeing one just like mine!!
Rock On,
ScoJoh

·
Registered
22 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Very interesting! So I guess that vehicle is "delivered" today?

excelsior's list just showed it as "Unknown" but the list did show both 20 & 21 going to North Dakota.

All this time I thought I was gonna have the First Sol in town, now someone has one that looks exactly like mine will, and before me. Oh well, next summer there probably a whole sh*t load of them running around.
Oh, they told the guy who bought #20 that he had the first in North Dakota.
I bet the were just guessing or pulling his chains.

ScoJoh

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
ScoJoh said: "Oh, they told the guy who bought #20 that he had the first in North Dakota."

radermkj in Ellendale, ND got his #000339 on 09/23/05.

I don't know if #21 has been delivered, that was an unknown also, but probably delivered.

A couple of F1K in SD too, don't know if delivered or not.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride, enjoy it. :party:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ScoJoh said:
Car and Garage look great. Is the checkered flooring a rubber material? ScoJoh
Thanks. No, it is actually hard plastic. It is called "Moto Floor" and we got it at Costco.com! It is supposed to be easy to clean up any spills, including things like oil, and car fluids, etc. Haven't had that happen yet, so I don't know how easy it will be to clean that up. It's a floating floor, and the pieces fit together like tongue and groove. Easy to put down and it looks soooo good!

Hope you get your car real soon....Then you'll find out what you've been missing!! :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Congrats again Mr. and Mrs. Oregonian :party: I've been waiting to see when you would have the coming out post for baby Sly :) The cars looked great together at the first official Oregon meet!! It would have been great if my memory card was actually with the camera that day :lol: Our favorite comment heard while walking in to Starbucks for the meet was by a couple who had just seen yours and then saw ours nearby "I've been trying to see a Solstice forever and now it's raining Solstice's" ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts