Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the call this morning, while grouse hunting in the snow and sleet and rain in Northern Minnesota. Drove down as scheduled and picked it up at 5:00 today!

Sly, two-tone, loaded, beautiful. What a gorgeous sight, the dealer had it backed up a small incline looking better than any picture I've seen. Had 20 miles on it.

I had my 5-year-old with me due to home scheduling difficulties, and she didn't much like it ("I can't see anything" and "I shouldn't be in the front seat, Daddy!"), but we had fun nonetheless.

As an aside, the salesman took me through the normal drill, including how the top works, but he didn't want to close the top all the way as they had done a half-hour earlier with the other 1st 1000 Sol delivered that day, because in the cold (about 40 degrees) they said it was very difficult getting it latched back up. The fabric just tightens up in the cold. I share this not to diminish the excitement of the day, because it's been a great one, but as a heads-up.

Anyway, got dark to quickly, it was a nasty cold cloudy day here in the Twin Cities. Looking to be a glorious weekend, you know where I'll be.

Worth the wait!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Congratulations!

:party: :thumbs:

Congrats! Same car here - I love it - we got it Monday. This weekend we are taking it to Northeast Iowa and up the Mississippi into MN or WI.....

hmmmmm, now where do I put my camera equipment...... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Congratulations!!!! :party: :cheers: :party: May the sun shine brightly all weekend for your drives... :yesnod:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Congrats! Hope it warms up this weekend and you get to experience the top down excitement.

·
Registered
47 Posts
CONGRATS!!!! :party: :party: :party: I LOVE my new Sly Sol!! I know you are loving yours too! I hope you get a burst of nice, sunny days to enjoy the top down.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Congratulations on youer new ride. :party:

·
Registered
15 Posts
494 delivered with 890

Congrats 240ZRX7MiataSol. I took a peek at yours when I was there picking up 494. Beautiful cars. I only had to get out of bed once to go and look at it last night. I'm doing better than I expected.

Cheers!

·
Registered
819 Posts
csciguy said:
Congrats 240ZRX7MiataSol. I took a peek at yours when I was there picking up 494. Beautiful cars. I only had to get out of bed once to go and look at it last night. I'm doing better than I expected.

Cheers!
Heck, I might not even have to do that. I might be better off just sleeping in my car, once it gets here. I won't be awake as often!! :lol: ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
csciguy:

Yes, I got a glimpse of you driving away in your beautiful Cool Solstice around 5:15 or so on Thursday, just after seeing mine after they washed it and brought it out front. I couldn't be happier with my Sly version.

I had a secret hope that the very first Solstice I ever saw (besides car show concepts and pre-production mules) would be mine, and sure enough, mine was the very first, and yours the second.

I'll be looking for you around the western burbs. Where do you live? I'm in Excelsior.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts