Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well dealership called today and said I needed to pick up #93, but it has the wrong interior, it's black,was to be two tone. I didn't order XM or MP3 player but it came with it. They said it was MY mistake, but I know what I ordered. Any comment on what I should do???? They offered to take $500 off sticker, but I'm hoping they can do better!! Any input??

Y.T.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Y.T. said:
Well dealership called today and said I needed to pick up #93, but it has the wrong interior, it's black,was to be two tone. I didn't order XM or MP3 player but it came with it. They said it was MY mistake, but I know what I ordered. Any comment on what I should do???? They offered to take $500 off sticker, but I'm hoping they can do better!! Any input??

Y.T.
Take it! Otherwise they will only sell it to someone for the higher price and you'll be waiting 6 months for yours and it won't be a first 1000.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I should get more OFF!! It was one the first 100!! I never went back in to get a VOM???

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plus the dealer is still pissed that I bought #116 from Jim right in front of them!! :)

Y.T.

·
Registered
95 Posts
YT
I looked at your profile and your a business owner. I would like to think that you have a signed purchase contract with your dealer specififying a set price. I also bet it doesn't specify a serial nunber or a delivery date. If you want a 1st 1000 pay the price. If you want exactly what you ordered minus being a first 1000 tell them that too and expect to wait a long time. If you don't have a set price on your sales contract your at the dealers mercy. The fact he's offered you 500.00 off makes me think you have a signed contract and if you don't take that let me know where the car is I'll go get it. Remeber the demand for a Solstice is extremely high if you don't take it he'll sell it at MSPR or higher without binking and will have people standing in line for it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have #116 in hand now, I can't get rid of it!! I'm into it for $27300 after paying Jim's taxes, It ran threw auction at $25300. What are going to do with it?? I am giving procedds to charity if I get any!!

Y.T.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As far as a contract, I got the run around from this dealer for the last 8 months!! They said the would get it when the got a price. I paid 25129 for #116

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ok
# 116 What color what equipment how many miles on it ?? Let the people know if your trying to sell a 1st 1000 this is the place to do it. I suggest you move the reply to the solstice for sale forum.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just tring to get some help from members, I think the dealer should eat more than %500 for the trouble they have put me threw!! The cars are marked up $2400, I have one that is uder 100 of the first 1k, it should be right!! Any other opions??

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Y.T. said:
Just tring to get some help from members, I think the dealer should eat more than %500 for the trouble they have put me threw!! The cars are marked up $2400, I have one that is uder 100 of the first 1k, it should be right!! Any other opions??
Take the money. It's a reasonable offer.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Come on, Y.T., how can they make it right? They're not going to change the interior and you know it.

About the money, take the car. You will be the only person in America to get a Solstice under MSRP (not counting any GM family discounts)!

If you only want to keep one, you can sell the other one. That would be easy. As someone suggested, put it in the For Sale thread.

Then kick back and just enjoy the one you kept! Lucky dude! The cup is not half empty, it's overflowing!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Hey, Gizmo, I think your car must have, like, zero miles on it because you're always here posting and never driving. :D Go drive your car and leave the posting to a professional like me! ;) Beside, I have nothing else to do. :cryin:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
And I'll never catch up with you on the post count!
And don't you forget it! :D Well, you might have a chance when I get mine, because I plan on running the wheels off of it! The funny thing is that I was more patient when I thought I would be getting one between February-April than I am now that I know it will be this year. I'm not ususally this childish about material things. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Gizmo, I can hook you up with a wireless internet card so you can post from anywhere your laptop grabs a signal. You're on your own for the wireless subscription though =oD

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Thanks, Ralph, but I don't have a laptop.

I've been waiting years and years for them to put a 10-key pad on them. Yes, I know I could buy an attachment, but that kinda contradicts the concept. Now finally they have them, usually the models with the 17" screen, so I've been considering. Haven't jumped yet, though.

Most laptops have 5200 RPM hard drives, and a few with 7200, but nothing faster than that. I've been thinking about a desktop with one of the 15000 RPM drives, 4.3 ms access, coupled with a 3.2 MHz P4 or a fast AMD 64, side bus 800 MHz, 1G of RAM. That should really haul!

Why do you want a hard drive that fast? I edit digital video with multiple layers on my notebook and it only has a 4200 rpm drive. It hasn't choked yet! Higher rpm drives produce a lot of heat.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
My knowledge of computers only slightly exceeds my knowledge of automobiles, which is limited to knowing which foot operates which pedal.

But I'm constantly accessing different files and I hate to wait the 3 to 5 seconds it takes to load, figured I could cut that down to 1 to 1.5 seconds.

What can I say, I'm an Aries. I could never have been a doctor, because I have no patience. Pardon the pun, it was intentional.

I wouldn't say it would have no affect, but good and pletiful ram will have a bigger impact than the speed of the hard drive.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
GradSoulStice said:
mine was under :)
How? And where have you been? Out enjoying your car, I suppose. I hate you :lol:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts