Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all! It has been 3 years since I last drove my Solstice and I recently brought it up to NC from FL. Thankfully, everything started right up with no fuss. Only thing I noticed is that the a/c is not cold anymore! I checked the low pressure line and the gauge says it is filled, I also remembered to calibrate the HVAC as it had been disconnected from the battery for some time. The clutch on the compressor is not engaging either. What should I attempt prior to looking into replacing the compressor?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Do you mean the clutch on the compressor isnt engaging? Im pretty sure the compressor needs to be running to get an accurate pressure reading.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you mean the clutch on the compressor isnt engaging? Im pretty sure the compressor needs to be running to get an accurate pressure reading.
Yea, the clutch on the compressor is not engaging. I wasn't aware, I checked it while the vehicle was on (under the assumption the clutch was in fact engaging) and the gauge did say it as 'filled'.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
So I've read that with low side low pressure (When A/C is not on) will lead to the clutch not engaging. On some other forum it mentioned 80 psi while off is normal? Not sure what to think. What should the psi be at while the ac clutch is disengaged?

Update: Now working, I jumped the a/c clutch fuse with a paper clip, got the a/c clutch engaged, turned it over then found I was low on freon. Used AC Pro and added up to about 30 psi and the clutch engages now with no issue, guessing the pressure sensor is picking up on it now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts