Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm wondering how I can buy solstice A/c vents, the ones with the chrome ring around them. Any one have any for sale I need 4 of them.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,527 Posts
You can order them from any source of GM Parts.
The following pic and parts description are from our friends at Nalley Buick GMC
INSTRUMENT PANEL PART 1 TRIM. Fits: 2009 Pontiac Solstice 2 DR COUPE(TARGA) | Nalley Buick GMC Brunswick

002 SEAL. Air Outlet SEAL,I/P OTR AIR OTLT. Required: 04
For: M (2006-2010) (2006 - 2010). $17.13 89046321
003 OUTLET. Air Distributor OUTLET,I/P CTR & OTR AIR(EBONY). Required: 02
For: M (2006-2010) (2006 - 2010). $47.36 15824746
004 BEZEL. Air Outlet. BEZEL,I/P AIR OTLT(CHROME). Required: 01
BEZEL,I/P AIR OTLT(CHROME). Required: 02
More Details... $17.63 10392990

·
Super Moderator
16,547 Posts
I have had mine out many times. I am on my second set. You can pull them out of the dash (pictures on my thread) and reinsert them. But if you pull on the flaps, they will fail and you too will have a second set to admire.:lol:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Oooh, I was curious on how much force the little pivot-pins took to break. Good to know about the little linkage thing (I usually grab the fins to pull them out).

Are planning on keeping them for anything or would be interested in selling one/both? I'd like to mount my wideband in a vent but it's smaller than the opening without the outlet tube and I just haven't been able to justify de-finning a ($50) good one but it looks like it would be perfect.

·
Super Moderator
16,547 Posts
The vent insert looks like this but for the fact that the internal articulating joint is broken off. If all you need is the external tube, it should work fine for your application.:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
I have the Outlet Air Distributor with the chrome ring around them. But the connectors between the two flaps broke. What part should I order ? The one below ?

OUTLET. Air Distributor
OUTLET,I/P CTR & OTR AIR(EBONY). Required: 02
For: M (2006-2010) (2006 - 2010).

I damaged it by prying in a temporary mount for my GPS, then found out it had been broken , and glued , by the previous owner.
Yes. Scroll up to the comprehensive parts post by DaveOC (above).

Note: you'll probably need the foam seal strip too (Dave's part #2). Or a reasonable facsimile replacement.

UPDATE: On second thought, you might be able to pull the inner tubes (with the vent blades) out of the outer tubes and so reuse your existing outer tube with the glued on foam seal. Just be carefull not to break the new vent! ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts