Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have recently took a preorder number.. and my customer got the confromation call yesterday!!! :cool: Im happy to be the only first 1000 Solstice in the ohio area ( i think) who else got the call :jester: :cheers:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Sorry to burst your bubble but I got called yesterday I may have been the first.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
pontiacsalesman said:
i have recently took a preorder number.. and my customer got the confromation call yesterday!!! :cool: Im happy to be the only first 1000 Solstice in the ohio area ( i think) who else got the call :jester: :cheers:
Welcome to the forum, and congrats! :thumbs:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Flagg said:
Err, HIS profile says he's from Xenia, Ohio.

(You know you guys can do this yourselves! ;) )

Flagg
:lol: :lol: :lol: I guess we can but I am not that good with computers and don't pay that much attention to what all I can do. Thanks for making me look stupid. I bet I wont forget this lesson.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Been one of the old members and just having received my phone call I am going to post here and other threads to make sure people are aware of the process.
It is conducted RANDOMLY!! there are a number of people that do the calls and each person gets a batch of names to call.
NO alphabetic or Time Stamp, so do NOT go by any of the previuos methods.
The phone number they use is the one from the Apprentice information that you left. I like others were concerned since the print out my dealer gave me had the numbers reverse, meaning the phone number I had listed on the Apprentice site as the number to call, was listed on this print out as the number to call at night. I ask her (her name was Judy) to tell me what number she was calling me on and she gave me the one I had indicated on the Apprentice site as the main number.
So the bottom line is you will get a phone call, as of to WHEN is going to be RANDOM folks.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Been one of the old members and just having received my phone call I am going to post here and other threads to make sure people are aware of the process.
It is conducted RANDOMLY!! there are a number of people that do the calls and each person gets a batch of names to call.
The phone number they use is the one from the Apprentice information that you left. I like others were concerned since the print out my dealer gave me had the numbers reverse, meaning the phone number I had listed on the Apprentice site as the number to call, was listed on this print out as the number to call at night. I ask her (her name was Judy) to tell me what number she was calling me on and she gave me the one I had indicated on the Apprentice site as the main number.
So the bottom line is you will get a phone call, as of to WHEN is going to be RANDOM folks.
I think we were all under this assumption well before today. But thanks for the update. :) I am doing the list more to guage how many of 'our' members can account for the 1st 1000 orders.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
I'm thinking that if 5,500 Exclusive orders were taken nationwide, there has to be multiple identical time stamps. If you were stamped at 2:20:45, for example, maybe, so were 150 other people.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Still Pending after all these years.

LatinVenom said:

I think that confirmed members should take up a collection to buy ulcer medication for those still on the pending list.

·
Registered
600 Posts
10:35 CDST, just got my first call! :party: FAXed my driver's license and awaiting the second call. Only took 5 minutes. Thanks! Dott. Now the wait for the car begins............Pass the Malox..... :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Man I'm lining up to be last on these calls :(

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
mceb said:
Man I'm lining up to be last on these calls :(
Because they're calling in order of highest VIN # to lowest, so since you're VIN 0001 they'll call you last. :D

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
solli4me said:
I'm thinking that if 5,500 Exclusive orders were taken nationwide, there has to be multiple identical time stamps. If you were stamped at 2:20:45, for example, maybe, so were 150 other people.
I believe the 5,500 orders were by either end of day Friday or end of day Saturday, not within the first hour or anything.

The first 1,000 EOP slots were gone within 42 minutes (including the website crash) which would add up to 2520 seconds. Discounting the website crash, that would be an order every 2.5 seconds. With the website crash, it looks like the pace of orders getting through didn't really pick up until 2:20 or 2:25. This equals about 1,000 orders in 18 to 22 minutes, or 1080 to 1320 seconds. So that gives us a rate closer to 1 or 1.25 seconds per order. So while you might get two people that share a timestamp down to the same second, I don't think it would be more than that, and even that would be only have happened a few times.

This concludes our math lesson for today. :)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
dengel said:
This concludes our math lesson for today. :)
Nice. I agree with estimation that server took almost no orders from 2-2:20 so all 1000 came in last 20 minutes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ohio Confirmation

I decided I was going to wait to join the forum until i was sure that i had a confirmation of the first 1000. Now that i received my call today, i thought it was a good time to say hey to the fellow owners.

I cant wait to get my solstice

1 - 20 of 30 Posts