Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have a few questions I have been thinking about I am a little new so I hope I am not repeating a question someone else asked.

Will there be any way to get a Convertable Hard Top for the solstice like on that one Lexus 2 seater? Will there be seat warmers and a HUD like a Grand Prix has, to see how fast your going on your wind shield?
thanks
CTCFIREBIRD

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
We've seen no indications that there will be a HUD, or any sort of factory hardtop options. Nor have we seen indications of heated seats, though that would be easier to sneak by us. This is set to be a $20,000 "back-to-basics" roadster. We're not expecting many frills. I'd love to see everything you've mentioned, as would many others on this forum, but the truth is, we're not holding our collective breath for any "gee whiz" type options, at least not for the first year.

Oh yeah... welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
There might be options later on though with higher/more expensive model versions. Because personally I want me some HUD action :D

Problem is they've repeatedly said this is a back to basics roadster. So we might have to get a Kappa from another company to get more frills. The Saturn version could be this car if they really are trying to position Saturn where Olds used to be.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I wouldn’t expect HUD or especially heated seats on this car. They are telling us they will be selling it in a narrow price range, $20K base with a loaded car at $25K. I cannot imagine the $20K car will have any options such as those on it standard, and taking the options list up to only $25K still isn’t likely to buy too many options. Those $5K of options are likely to be power windows and locks, upgraded rim finishes, upgrade stereos, etc. I am not sure there is enough room in that price range for those kinds of frills.

I’d love to see HUD available, and it is possible it would be. Heated seats are not a big deal for me at all, especially for a summertime roadster such as this.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Don't believe that any of those options will be available the first year. I'm pretty damb sure that retract hard top probably will never be offered. HUD an heated seats I can see creeping in down the line as the model years roll on. On entry though, think basic Miata comfort, not SLK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts