Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, well myself and SolstiZ06 went to Oshawa for the Solstice party. It wasn't a big production by any means. It was half an hour, where everyone in the Headquaters came outside, they unveiled the car (as if no one as seen it before) and then a few engineers and people on the marketing teams talked about the car. The only thing I would note from all the speaches was that only 2000 cars a year will be shipped to Canada!! That's it! This year there are already 2500 pre-orders.

Afterward I walked around and found an engineer and talked to him a bit about our debate on here about when Canadian cars are being produced. He confirmed that the 1K will be build frist... but that doesn't mean that we Canadians will have to wait for them to be shipped. He figures that when they have all 1000 built, only about 100 will be shipped by that point. They are not waiting to ship ALL 1000 before shipping normal allocation cars. He expects cars to show up in Canada mid September.

As for GM shipping cars to dealers as showroom cars, thats FALSE. Some dealers may have bought a car on their first allocation for that purpose, but GM is not giving them a car specifically for their showroom.

My car is slated to be built next week. Here's to that actually happening!! :cheers:

·
Registered
245 Posts
SlipSlider said:
Okay, well myself and SolstiZ06 went to Oshawa for the Solstice party. It wasn't a big production by any means. It was half an hour, where everyone in the Headquaters came outside, they unveiled the car (as if no one as seen it before) and then a few engineers and people on the marketing teams talked about the car. The only thing I would note from all the speaches was that only 2000 cars a year will be shipped to Canada!! That's it! This year there are already 2500 pre-orders.

Afterward I walked around and found an engineer and talked to him a bit about our debate on here about when Canadian cars are being produced. He confirmed that the 1K will be build frist... but that doesn't mean that we Canadians will have to wait for them to be shipped. He figures that when they have all 1000 built, only about 100 will be shipped by that point. They are not waiting to ship ALL 1000 before shipping normal allocation cars. He expects cars to show up in Canada mid September.

As for GM shipping cars to dealers as showroom cars, thats FALSE. Some dealers may have bought a car on their first allocation for that purpose, but GM is not giving them a car specifically for their showroom.

My car is slated to be built next week. Here's to that actually happening!! :cheers:
there may be a few first 1000's upset at that one, but there is going to be a lot of happy canadians eh... :party:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, well that goes for EVERYONE.

Everyone should be happy that we all don't have to wait for this apprentice non-sense to be over with before we get our cars! God, that made my day!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
SlipSlider the 2000 number is consistent wit the 10% we heard last week.

We also heard 750 cars this year for Canada so if they really have 2500 orders then not only are they sold out this year but 88% of next year, It's all the guys that ordered TWO. That is looking like a smart thing to do. Those early orders may be the only ones we see this year.

As I said before in another thread, even though we are payng slightly more for the car than the US, we really are getting hosed on the imports, So our fellow Canadians have ordered way beyond our 10% allocation.

·
Registered
180 Posts
What time was the party?
I was working in Oshawa yesterday at Durhan collage arena.
I would would look great there in my sweaty tee shirt and hardhat hair
I could have had the car all to myself if the wind was blowing the right way :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
SlipSlider said:
He figures that when they have all 1000 built, only about 100 will be shipped by that point. They are not waiting to ship ALL 1000 before shipping normal allocation cars.
:eek:

Where's Danno when there's good Canadian news! :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
SlipSlider the 2000 number is consistent wit the 10% we heard last week.

We also heard 750 cars this year for Canada so if they really have 2500 orders then not only are they sold out this year but 88% of next year, It's all the guys that ordered TWO. That is looking like a smart thing to do. Those early orders may be the only ones we see this year.

As I said before in another thread, even though we are payng slightly more for the car than the US, we really are getting hosed on the imports, So our fellow Canadians have ordered way beyond our 10% allocation.
I can't say I'm totally suprised by the amount of orders, but it is definitely making me nervous about my decision to wait for a FI model. :(

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Darkhamr said:
I can't say I'm totally suprised by the amount of orders, but it is definitely making me nervous about my decision to wait for a FI model. :(
What happened to ALL That video you took the other day? For instance like the 360 degree shot you took of the car?

BTW, get the SKY as SOON as they accept orders. Don't procrastinate and you'll have it by next summer.

·
Registered
535 Posts
SlipSlider said:
What happened to ALL That video you took the other day? For instance like the 360 degree shot you took of the car?

BTW, get the SKY as SOON as they accept orders. Don't procrastinate and you'll have it by next summer.

Eeek, ok let me work on that this weekend. It was 109MB so I need to shrink it and then see if Chad (webfluid.com) would be kind enough to host it again, because I don't have that kind of space available.

Oh, and it used to be a tug-o-war between me and the mrs over whether it should be a Sol or Sky, but she is now over to the Sol side so.....

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
mceb said:
:eek:

Where's Danno when there's good Canadian news! :D

I don't think Danno is ready for good news. He is a Canadian after all, we're conditioned to expect to hear only bad news. :lol:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Code#33 scheduled build week

Do you think Danno would like to know we have atleast three known Canadian vehicles with "code#33 scheduled build weeks" or, if we post it, would somebody want to sue GM over that info?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SOLSTZ06 said:
Hey Jeff, Give me a call, I HAVE AMAZING NEWS, Bill
Well don't leave me hanging Bill!! SEnd me a PM or something!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Darkhamr said:
Why not put in an order now, with the expectation it will slip into the 07 MY and then change your optioning to the FI model when it comes online. :thumbs:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Why not put in an order now, with the expectation it will slip into the 07 MY and then change your optioning to the FI model when it comes online. :thumbs:
I'm kind of not believing there is actually 12 months of Canadian orders. I think dealers may have ordered 2500 cars, but that they will actually have stock. I mean really, we have 1/10th the population and 1/10th of Solstice production with no year round convertible provinces. How could we possibly sell a greater % than the US? If it is true, then I'm not sure we'll see a FI model before fall next year at the earliest. I think this week I will start to work on securing an '06 model and worry about FI when the official announcement is actually made.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey! Whadyemiss!?!

SOLSTZ06 said:
Do you think Danno would like to know we have atleast three known Canadian vehicles with "code#33 scheduled build weeks" or, if we post it, would somebody want to sue GM over that info?
Just got back from a week of getting a financial pantsing from Mickey Mouse- what did I miss??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts