·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
You are right. They will get it FIRST, but that does not have to meen we wont get it at all either.

The artical says "coupe" Generaly a coupe dose not have a removable top. That is a convertable. Is it welded on or bolted? I dont know but for sure I LIKE IT :)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Images 3 and 4 above posted by Frosty show what appear to be a removable hard top. Also, I think we discussed it some before, and that first image is more then likely a photochop.

·
Registered
110 Posts
that does look really cool!! maybe they will come out with a coupe version of the sky, (what do you think it would be called?? the Ceiling??) hehe

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
#1 is the best looking one :cool: It looks like a hatchback. That would be MASSIVE trunk space :) PhotoShop or not it is a great looking car.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Just so you know, the majority of the hardtop views you see are 'chops done at the euro studios.

But I think there are enough rumors that at least a removeable hardtop is coming at some time. Dunno if it replaces or supplements the softtop.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
solsticeman said:
Just so you know, the majority of the hardtop views you see are 'chops done at the euro studios.

But I think there are enough rumors that at least a removeable hardtop is coming at some time. Dunno if it replaces or supplements the softtop.
So wich ones are real?
And will there be a "Coupe" Non-removable top?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
jwvrod said:
The Pontiac guys stated that they were working on a hard top to be purchased thrue the Pontiac aftermarket accessories. :cool:
If the Opel is any indication. :willy:
The problem is the same podcast that came from also said the Solstice does 0-60 in 5.4s and has greater then 1G skidpad.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I mentioned it before, and I'll mention it again in case GM is listening...

Please make the soft top delete option available with the removeable hard top. It is advantageous on many many levels and technically capable in every way.

And yes, I would buy a coupe if it cost less than the vert. As long as a sunroof was available I would be more than happy.

·
Registered
120 Posts
SkyCaptain said:

Please make the soft top delete option available with the removeable hard top. It is advantageous on many many levels and technically capable in every way.
Interesting request! Just out of curiosity have you ever heard of any convertible (with available hardtop) offering this option? (I'm not insinuating anything, just wondering.)

·
Registered
527 Posts
I honestly don't know. They Sky is the first 'vert to catch my eye, and even then I'd prefer a coupe because of my northern location (and slightly, because of added rigidity for a motor swap...) but a removeable hard top is definately in my future (whether OEM or handcrafted).

But a soft-top delete option can save some bucks, open up some trunk room, reduce weight, and make the lighter "topless" vehicle legal in some stock racing classes that don't let you remove things unless you could order it that way. Heck, it might even free up enough room to put the hard top in the trunk, although I couldn't imagine it with the way the trunk is currently designed...

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
SkyCaptain said:

And yes, I would buy a coupe if it cost less than the vert. As long as a sunroof was available I would be more than happy.
Victorinox (the swiss army knife people) have the solution to your top delete. :lol:

·
Registered
82 Posts
brentil said:
The problem is the same podcast that came from also said the Solstice does 0-60 in 5.4s and has greater then 1G skidpad.
Wow, I usually watch GM's 3:00pm broadcasts and they never said that on any that I watched.
I know, that is the numbers for the turbo Solstice. :thumbs:

·
Registered
527 Posts
achieftain said:
Victorinox (the swiss army knife people) have the solution to your top delete. :lol:
Actually I already have the solution, for myself. Have welder: will mod.

My request is for the long-term success of the platform. If autox racers can order a car that is significantly lighter (maybe 100 lbs for the vert stuff?) then you get that much closer to being a miata slayer, which attracts buyers, which gets GM to up production and possibly make improvements and even future generations of the platform.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
SkyCaptain said:
...My request is for the long-term success of the platform. If autox racers can order a car that is significantly lighter (maybe 100 lbs for the vert stuff?) then you get that much closer to being a miata slayer, which attracts buyers, which gets GM to up production and possibly make improvements and even future generations of the platform.
:agree:

The question is whether GM is actually thinking like this. I don't know if they have a handle on how much "grassroots racing" plays a part in the ownership enthusiasm for the Miata.

Somehow, I think they are right now, just trying very hard to get the car out - THEN think about the racing and OEM-available aspects.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts