Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am backing out of my order this week. 1st 4 mo. allocation. Coleman Auto in Lawrenceville, NJ.

Right now at 1101 - i.e. ANYTHING can be changed - color, options, anything. I'll probably call the dealer tomorrow afternoon to rescind my order and get my deposit back (which was only $100 btw - don't let them make you pay more).

Start calling tomorrow afternoon and ask if they have any spots open in their allocation. Thought I'd let you guys know first so you could get a jump on it.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
GHM73 said:
I am backing out of my order this week. 1st 4 mo. allocation. Coleman Auto in Lawrenceville, NJ.

Right now at 1101 - i.e. ANYTHING can be changed - color, options, anything. I'll probably call the dealer tomorrow afternoon to rescind my order and get my deposit back (which was only $100 btw - don't let them make you pay more).

Start calling tomorrow afternoon and ask if they have any spots open in their allocation. Thought I'd let you guys know first so you could get a jump on it.
Bad idea to back out ! This car is great and so much fun to drive in.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
already got my roadster

I have an MR2 Spyder. Way more reliable, better gas mileage, better handling, more fun to drive and more rare in the long run. They made FAR fewer Spyders than they are planning on making Sol's (only 5k in 2000, then fewer than 10k years afterward).

The Spyder gets all the looks and attention. Most people don't even know what it is. 5 year old boys point and stare and say "wow, cool car!"

I'm not comparing looks. The solstice is beautiful. Gorgeous, hands down. but the Spyder is a looker too. Quirky looks, yes, but still a looker. and I KNOW I'll put 200k miles on it with NO problems.

I'm not here to bash the Sol. I'm just giving a heads-up to you guys because the forum has been helpful to me. There's lots of good people here who are passionate about this car. Best of luck. :)

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
GHM73 said:
I have an MR2 Spyder. Way more reliable, better gas mileage, better handling, more fun to drive and more rare in the long run. They made FAR fewer Spyders than they are planning on making Sol's (only 5k in 2000, then fewer than 10k years afterward).

The Spyder gets all the looks and attention. Most people don't even know what it is. 5 year old boys point and stare and say "wow, cool car!"

I'm not comparing looks. The solstice is beautiful. Gorgeous, hands down. but the Spyder is a looker too. Quirky looks, yes, but still a looker. and I KNOW I'll put 200k miles on it with NO problems.

I'm not here to bash the Sol. I'm just giving a heads-up to you guys because the forum has been helpful to me. There's lots of good people here who are passionate about this car. Best of luck. :)
just curious as to why you then ordered the solstice in the first place if you like the MR2 as you state abouve?????? :leaving:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just bought the Spyder last week. Decided I didn't want to Sol, found a great deal on a Spyder and got that. Sorry, I didn't mention when I got the Spyder :)

My initial love affair with the Solstice wore off when I was able to make a more informed decision based mostly on the information I gained reading this forum.

Might still get one in the future (or my wife might) so we're not ruling it out for good, just for now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts