Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys to start a new thread on this. However the threads that already exist are not lists of who is going. I think it would be great to know who is going and maybe can meet and put some faces to the names we see here. So I will start by saying:

I'M IN!!!!

Booked and ready to go.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
SOL FULL said:
Sorry guys to start a new thread on this. However the threads that already exist are not lists of who is going. I think it would be great to know who is going and maybe can meet and put some faces to the names we see here. So I will start by saying:

I'M IN!!!!

Booked and ready to go.
When you go you should ask why there are over 2300 cars sitting in Willmington waiting to be delivered .

·
Registered
16 Posts
SOL FULL said:

I'M IN!!!!

Booked and ready to go.

SolSister is in! SolHubby will be coming as my guest! :lol:
I hope my vanity plate is in by then... S01SIS !!!!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
We are going as well, driving 10+ hours. We too are hopeful our vanity tag will be in (see mock up to the left). Kinda cool because we honeymooned in Hilton Head back in May of 1976!! :eek:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats great to hear! It sounds like it will be a great time... Wow 29 years! I hope I can say that about my wife and I... We are on year 3.

·
Registered
242 Posts
CDB and I are going, it's a 12 hour drive. When I asked him about taking the car that has a trunk and back seat he looked at me like I had lost my mind. I am concerned about packing for a long weekend in the Solstice. I would appreciate any packing tips you may have. Thanks.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
wife of cdb said:
CDB and I are going, it's a 12 hour drive. When I asked him about taking the car that has a trunk and back seat he looked at me like I had lost my mind. I am concerned about packing for a long weekend in the Solstice. I would appreciate any packing tips you may have. Thanks.
Soft sided luggage. Drive with the top up to get the most space out of the back. Pack light and take only what you really need. If you do any shopping while there, or get extra "stuff," send it back UPS. (or even ship dirty cloths back UPS) to get more space.

It might take some creative packing in the trunk, but I think it can be done for a few days trip.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
wife of cdb said:
Keep your "beauty aids" to a minimum. Remember most hotels now provide a hair dryer and an iron, as well as basic toiletries.

Soft sided luggage, and if you roll you clothes instead of folding them, they will usually take up less space, and be less wrinkled.

Heck, you stop at the local Walmart when you get there for anything that doesn't fit in the car.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
wife of cdb said:
Keep top up, lots of room :eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think GM has alot of nerve inviting the first 100 to call in to go to Hilton Head on Nov. 4th weekend. All I am interested in is getting my car that has been ordered since April 24th, and sitting in Wilmington for at least three weeks waiting for quality inspection. Maybe if the execs would stay off of the golf course and tend to business, these problems wouldn't be happening.

·
Registered
670 Posts
wife of cdb said:
Invest $10 is a set of "vacuum bags" you put your stuff in and squish the air out, then roll them up into a travel bag. You can pack 3 times as much-I do it all the time. Or, you could drive the Sol and he can follow in another vehicle.
(Jan-wife of Brian Carpenter)

·
Registered
936 Posts
wife of cdb said:
We may all have to start wearing a thong, they will require less space in the suitcase than regular underwear. :glol:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
ateam_77 said:
We may all have to start wearing a thong, they will require less space in the suitcase than regular underwear. :glol:
Why not go commando? No underwear required at all! :eek:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
wife of cdb said:
Ship it both ways UPS. Pack in a reusable container or two.

Just don't ship it by rail via Lordstown :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
We are in!

So - to summarize: we have confirmed = sol full, deluke, solsister, solsticewaiting, wife of cdb, carlintexas. That it so far?

·
Registered
1 Posts
would someone please ask them to pressure dealers not to gouge on pricing over MSRP???!!! I just got back from a dealer who's going to charge $5000 over!!!!

PLEASE GET GM TO STEP ON THESE DEALERS!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts