Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...out the window of my office. Anyone else experience this at work? You take the long way round the office just to walk past the window and dream of open roads and cool convertible nights? I do.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1370628391.199527.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1370628437.713610.jpg

Last night was one of those nights. Perfect temperature. Just barely cool enough to warrant use of the heater. Pulled up to a light and a brand new paper tagged Camaro 2LT pulled up and the guy asked if I wanted to run 'em. I said, sure, why not?! He asked what I had on my Solstice. I smiled. Wanted to say, you'll see or something cool like that. But my pride of my supercharger made me want to spill the beans on the stage 2 kit. He said, oh, okay. And off we went!

I roasted the tires a little more than I wanted to. (They were still cold) So he got out to a 2 car length lead when the grip came in. Then I hooked it into 2nd and started reeling him in. By 3rd we were side by side. Then I kept it floored as I went past, blower screaming away nicely. And got about two lengths on him by the time we slowed. He yelled out, Man! That thing is awesome!

He wanted to try again, so I agreed. This time a rolling start in 3rd. He was cruising about a half length ahead of me as he counted down. Go! And so I did. My little black Sol darted ahead, easily getting three lengths ahead before slowing back down to the next light. Friendly wave goodbye. That's what it's all about.

I love it when two car guys can be friendly, civil, and safe in wanting to race. Great night. Love this car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Looks a lot like the parking lot in front of our plant today. Same sun. Same color Solstice.

Oh, and OSU? You suck. The stage 2 is creeping further into my soul . . . .

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Damn that sounds like fun. That's how Friday and Saturday nights were cruising down Westheimer back in the 80's. I usually end up next to a Vette or Camaro and kills me to know that if I had a GXP I could give them a run for their money. I'm ready and looking but nothing in my area at the moment. Last night it stormed like crazy and once it was gone it was cool and 70. Lightning lit up the clouds. I was coming back from home depot and decided to stop and drop the top and it was a great ride home. Wouldn't know anything about using a heater though. ha. good story bro.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Fortunately, there's no windows at work that can see the parking lot. i just might get sick in the middle of the day and have to leave.... :lol:

It is always good when people can respect what others can do....nice story!

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Enjoyed your post. Good stuff.:thumbs:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I live on the roads driving my crappy dodge caliber lol i only get to enjoy my mean gxp on the weekends... Sometimes while driving my 8 hr days i day dream wishing i was using my baby.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts