Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month ago I bought a 2001 Honda S2K with 30K miles on it, in excellent condition with new tires and beautiful red finish over black leather. I paid $18K for it thinking I would drive it until the Sol came in (1st K car . . which has yet to arrive), and then I would sell it and make a few bucks to apply to the Sol ($25K out the door). After a month of driving this car, and after hearing of the most recent build hold based on "quality issues," I have elected to cancel my order for the Sol. My dealer said that he would be happy to return my $500 deposit. I am sure he will have a line waiting for the car when it arrives and he will lose not a dime on the transaction.

I will keep in touch with the forum to see how the car develops, and in the future, if and when it appears that the car and makers can live up to the looks of this beauty, I may order one for delivery in '07. Until then, I am a happy camper in my S2k, and I saved a bundle.

The rest of you: hang in there. ;)

David

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
AZJuez said:
A month ago I bought a 2001 Honda S2K with 30K miles on it, in excellent condition with new tires and beautiful red finish over black leather. I paid $18K for it thinking I would drive it until the Sol came in (1st K car . . which has yet to arrive), and then I would sell it and make a few bucks to apply to the Sol ($25K out the door). After a month of driving this car, and after hearing of the most recent build hold based on "quality issues," I have elected to cancel my order for the Sol. My dealer said that he would be happy to return my $500 deposit. I am sure he will have a line waiting for the car when it arrives and he will lose not a dime on the transaction.

I will keep in touch with the forum to see how the car develops, and in the future, if and when it appears that the car and makers can live up to the looks of this beauty, I may order one for delivery in '07. Until then, I am a happy camper in my S2k, and I saved a bundle.

David
Congrats !

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
AZJuez said:

David
Hey man, you shouldn't have canceled, you should have just ransferrred title to me after you get it!!! :( Well, enjoy your car anyway. ;)

·
5,600 Posts
You have a great car to hold you over until you want a Solstice, if ever. You are driving the car I would be buying if I wasn't waiting for a Solstice. Take your time and wait a year for the factory to work out the major bugs. I'm grateful I'm not going through all the growing pains that so many are having to endure right now. The thought of it really scared me off of trying to get a 1st thousand car and I'm not regretting waiting a year, the way things are going.

Tune back in when the dust settles. I'm sure the 2007 Solstice will be a great car and you can enjoy every top down moment until then.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, what Jimbo said . . .

jimbo said:
You have a great car to hold you over until you want a Solstice, if ever. You are driving the car I would be buying if I wasn't waiting for a Solstice. Take your time and wait a year for the factory to work out the major bugs. I'm grateful I'm not going through all the growing pains that so many are having to endure right now. The thought of it really scared me off of trying to get a 1st thousand car and I'm not regretting waiting a year, the way things are going.

Tune back in when the dust settles. I'm sure the 2007 Solstice will be a great car and you can enjoy every top down moment until then.
Jimbo, you really summed it up for me. I will enjoy the S2K for a year or so and when the bugs are out of the solstice (and the power is up a bit), then I will trade it in on the sol in 2007.

Hang in there, guys. ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
AZJuez said:
Jimbo, you really summed it up for me. I will enjoy the S2K for a year or so and when the bugs are out of the solstice (and the power is up a bit), then I will trade it in on the sol in 2007.

Hang in there, guys. ;)
:agree: so glad y'all posted this...rather than wasting so much energy on a higher-risk & frustrating waiting game of :brentil: with a car suffering too much trump-inspired hype, to just spend one more year with the great car we already have to wait for an improved and debugged sol makes all the sense in the world.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.