Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today is the first day of the meteorological winter and I will try to get through it by reading the THE PONTIAC SOLSTICE BOOK.

Written by Gary Witzenburg and publihed by http://www.lammmorada.com/
The book is still for sale from the publisher website

I intend to read a page a day and post one "quote" or "fact" of that page in this thread. So a page a day to keep the winter away
But because today is the kick off I will start with a whopping 10 pages :)

Feel free to de-rail this thread with off and on-topic replies !

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Today is special, the kick off, so not 1 page but a whopping 10 pages !

Cover:
The dust cover has a nice fancy "Premier Edition" sticker. I was so lucky to get my hands on this edition ;)

Page 1
Blank red page

Page 2
Blank white page

Page 3
The book was printed in Hong Kong

Page 4
Nice shot of a yellow Solstice that is driving on the wrong side of the road.

Page 5
Contents listing 8 chapters

Page 6
... everyone told me (Bob Lutz) it's easy to produce a sports car that costs $40.000. But to do one, especially in this day and age, that goes out the door for less than $20.000: That's almost an impossible task.

Page 7
Bob should buckle up

Page 8
Franz von Holzhausen's (btw: he was the guy throwing the metal balls at the Tesla windows) first concept sketch was of a coupe.....

Page 9
Lutz his first two seater roadster attempt was turned down by partner Mazda. But Mazda recognized that, yes, the world could use a neat little two-seater. That realization ultimately led to the Miata.

Page 10
Franz von Holzhausen's first concept sketch was of a coupe but Lutz suggested it to be turned into a roadster

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Page 11
Designer Vicki Vlachakis conceived the roadster's interior (btw: she also designs and sells hand bags)

Interweb image:

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Page 12
Most early sketches and clays stacked the exhaust outlets

Interweb image:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Anyone know where to get a larger print of the cover photo?

I've searched online and have not had any luck.

My books cover also has the Premier Edition" sticker so can not have that enlarged.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
For information on the cover image I would contact Michel Lamm at the publishing address in the link above. He will have the information you are seeking. He is a great guy.

Richard Snipes

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Page 14
I'd (Franz von H) done maybe eight pages of sketches, kind of roadster stuff that was actually a bit geared toward Chevrolet. The assignment didn't have a brand in mind at the time: it was a generic GM roadster

Interweb image

The ultimate Solstice Family, Franz von H and Vicki von H, aka Mr Exterior and Mrs Interior

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Page 14
I'd (Franz von H) done maybe eight pages of sketches, kind of roadster stuff that was actually a bit geared toward Chevrolet. The assignment didn't have a brand in mind at the time: it was a generic GM roadster

Interweb image

The ultimate Solstice Family, Franz von H and Vicki von H, aka Mr Exterior and Mrs Interior
kudos to both of them for giving me a beautiful car, inside and out.

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
I contacted Witzenberg some years ago and suggested that if he cared to create an update for the book to include the Sky and Solstice coupes, he'd probably sell a bunch, either as a paper book or a download, but he wasn't very enthusiastic.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts