Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i've been thinking about getting the carbon fiber A-pillar & back wrap kit for awhile now and i went on your site to look at it again and it looked like your using a different type of carbon fiber then you were a while ago, and i'm worried that the new stuff wont match the carbon fiber emblems that i have on my sky. I've included a picture of the carbon fiber emblems (not actually mine, but there the exact same). Do you think it will match and not look different? and if not do you think you could get a hold of the other type you guys used to use and make a A-pillar & back wrap of the other stuff for me?

Thanks
~Andrew

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey guys, i've been thinking about getting the carbon fiber A-pillar & back wrap kit for awhile now and i went on your site to look at it again and it looked like your using a different type of carbon fiber then you were a while ago, and i'm worried that the new stuff wont match the carbon fiber emblems that i have on my sky. I've included a picture of the carbon fiber emblems (not actually mine, but there the exact same). Do you think it will match and not look different? and if not do you think you could get a hold of the other type you guys used to use and make a A-pillar & back wrap of the other stuff for me?

Thanks
~Andrew
Honestly, the carbon fiber pattern will blend in regardless. I think it'll look fine, granted I took the higher road and actually had mine professionally done as opposed to a wrap.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
No, he is talking about 2 different shades/patterns of carbon fiber. I know what he is talking about. There is the look of real carbon fiber, and then there is the simulated pattern that just looks awful. So 2 different styles of black carbon fiber WILL NOT blend regardless. The good stuff looks like a real carbon weave, where the crappy stuff looks like its a bunch painted checkered squares. Try combining those next to each other and it will look like a big mistake.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hi guys. The new stuff we use now is 3M DiNoc and it has the carbon pattern stamped into the material. It has the look and feel of dry carbon fiber. We used to print a pattern on vinyl that looked ok, but since then have stopped doing it due to some equipment challenges. The 3M material is far superior to any printed pattern. If you like I can send you a small swatch and you can compare it to what you have. Just email me your address to [email protected]

Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey Tony

Any chance you're gonna show up at the Nationals in Texas and install some of these new kits for us ??? :cool:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hey Tony

Any chance you're gonna show up at the Nationals in Texas and install some of these new kits for us ??? :cool:
Unfortunately with the 2011 Bullrun Rally kicking off on July 9th, I just won't be able to swing both events. But if the National event makes it back west, we will definitely be there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts