Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am as anxious as anyone to get my Sol. That's why I check the forum threads daily to see if there is any news. However, that turns into a time consuming chore everyday because every thread or new post I check ends up in more soap-boxing or totally off topic, topic.

I have no problem with people expressing their opinons, even ranting (if it's entertaining). But please, moderators, can we have ONE thread that only real news (or even reasonable rumors of activity on the Sol) AND NOTHING ELSE is posted? For those of us who don't have time to sort thru dozens of posts to find almost no new info?

Obviously it can't be this thread because it's full of my opinions on the subject. I am asking for a NEWS ONLY thread, closely monitored to the point that rants, and off topic posts are REMOVED, so that we can quickly check. After all, ALL of the other threads seem to be available for "opinionating" so it's really not total censorship, just controlled organizing.

I know this will inevitably generate more opinions and rants, so hopefully I will see a new NEWS ONLY ALLOWED HERE thread in the near future. Thank you for your consideration (as the B&J guys used to say).
:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
And I thought I was uptight - Dude your melting my chocolate!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
... give me a break

SolTex said:
And I thought I was uptight - Dude your melting my chocolate!!!
c'mon. it's a simple request, now here you go already. unf...ingbelievable! congrats on being the first overreacter out of the gate. a record time too.
:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
RichSol said:
Thank you for your consideration (as the B&J guys used to say).
:cool:
I thought B&J said "And thanks for your support." They were funny. S'pose they're sitting on their porch waiting for their Solstice too? :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Someone else suggested a summary thread, not a bad idea.

Let us cook something up.

It is really hard to sort through everything ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
RichSol said:
c'mon. it's a simple request, now here you go already. unf...ingbelievable! congrats on being the first overreacter out of the gate. a record time too.
:cool:
Man, it is just a car. Your flying 1st 2000 banner, what news do you want to hear - get in line like everybody else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
I will pull this Solstice over right now if you kids don't behave!!! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
sol4soul said:
I will pull this Solstice over right now if you kids don't behave!!! ;)
YES MOTHER :cryin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Real news.

VIN # 160
I called our dealer today to check on the transportation process of our vehicle. It has left the Delaware plant and as of 10 this morning was in Maryland. He was not able to tell me anymore than that. I don't know if it will sit there for awhile or if it will be put on another truck and sent to Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Let this thread be our real information thread. Good idea, I will bookmark this thread.

K
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
mceb said:
Someone else suggested a summary thread, not a bad idea.

Let us cook something up.

It is really hard to sort through everything ;)
Yep, it came up during 2kwk4u's request to have an update thread like "rodeo's spring break". I think it is a greta idea! :)

I think it would need to be one or the other of the following:
1)thread where people could post what they believe is relevant as "news of the day", and then a mod would have to determine if posts should remain or be removed based on relevance.

OR

2) some one volunteers to monitor the daily news being posted and organize it in thread, and only that person (or group of persons) has the right to make posts to that thread. People could submit ideas for the thread via pms. That person (or group of prsons) would have to "volunteer" their time, which might be more than we ask of anyone. A mod could oversee only that person(s) is posting in that thread.

I think the main point is a "news of the day" thread, and I support the idea, question is, is it a realistic possibility.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
K&K said:
VIN # 160
I called our dealer today to check on the transportation process of our vehicle. It has left the Delaware plant and as of 10 this morning was in Maryland. He was not able to tell me anymore than that. I don't know if it will sit there for awhile or if it will be put on another truck and sent to Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Let this thread be our real information thread. Good idea, I will bookmark this thread.

K
You mean Pontiac doesn't have an online GPS tracking system for every VIN and truck transporter? Unbelieveable....how can a car manufacturer operate like this...it's despicable! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
Is this a duplicate thread? I think i read this before but the title was "EVERY OTHER THREAD!"

I'm seeing the forum taking a nasty turn.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
There is one place that will give you the most up to date info AND all the changes to that info since the beginning of '05. www.kappacars.com :lol:
Started with good intentions and actually may at this point be more factual than anything we've got going on. :glol: (just a little midday humor, no offense to Josh)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
sol4soul said:
I will pull this Solstice over right now if you kids don't behave!!! ;)
Now get back in the trunk and be quiet! :devil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
mceb said:
Someone else suggested a summary thread, not a bad idea.

Let us cook something up.

It is really hard to sort through everything ;)
Why not just have a dedicated GMlinedog thread? He's the only one that appears to supply reliable news w/o commentary
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
pwaiting said:
Why not just have a dedicated GMlinedog thread? He's the only one that appears to supply reliable news w/o commentary
There's complicated issues there.

My understanding (anyone correct me if wrong) is you want a summary thread that would just pull bullet points of major happenings in the forum (some would be "real" news, some rumors, that kind of thing)

Just a single source to check instead of 100 posts.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
mceb said:
There's complicated issues there.

My understanding (anyone correct me if wrong) is you want a summary thread that would just pull bullet points of major happenings in the forum (some would be "real" news, some rumors, that kind of thing)

Just a single source to check instead of 100 posts.
BINGO! :) News, rumors, etc, no follow up commentary. Links to the threads that is came from would be necessary so we could follow up on te topic of choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
...yes yes yes

mceb said:
There's complicated issues there.

My understanding (anyone correct me if wrong) is you want a summary thread that would just pull bullet points of major happenings in the forum (some would be "real" news, some rumors, that kind of thing)

Just a single source to check instead of 100 posts.
Exactly what I had in mind. Maybe as you said, mods could just pull posts with news and put them on one thread as a summary. And if only mods could post directly to it, we might be able to keep just one thread from going like all the others seem to be. Thanks for responding.
:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
...correction

Soiltron said:
I thought B&J said "And thanks for your support." They were funny. S'pose they're sitting on their porch waiting for their Solstice too? :)
you are right. i misquoted them. guess i was trying too many of those wine coolers back then.
:cool:
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top