Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thank you to all who attended the 2014 North American Solstice Sky Meet, "NASSM in the POCONOS ~ STAY & PLAY. Your enthusiastic presence made this year’s National a 100% resounding success!

I’d like to give a proper acknowledgement to our Vendors and Sponsors who’ve been consistently supportive of our Kappa community and without whom these Nationals would not take flight:

DDMworks aka Super Dave
Performance Autoworks
Solo Performance
Hahn Racecraft
Westers

THANK YOU for your support!

First props go to dengel, co-founder of our Mid-Atlantic Solstice Sky Club. Diane took time from her very busy social life to run the back roads of PA, dedicating her personal hours to go over the Basecamp map routing along with me. Her logic and input was over the past year was invaluable to our committee and she provided the tent, tables and chairs for the Bushkill deck. Over the last year we've had a ton of fun testing the fine cuisine and brew of the Pocono restaurants and running those twisties in anticipation of what was to come! Thanks Di, you are awesome!

ripple, our multi-talented accountant, kept us on track and in the black. This alone is an amazing feat deserving of note, considering that he was up against two gals on the org team who like to spend money. (no names please) Murph consistently stepped up at every point where he was needed, including serving as our lower lot run staging organizer. He was literally the first to check in on our planning page and answered my many queries ASAP. His applied logic smoothed our path in so many ways; I’m forever grateful for his steady presence.

Rusty ‘s experience with track racing proved to be invaluable to the success of our June 20 event at the Pocono Raceway. He did a great job coordinating between our committee and the principals at the Pocono Raceway, including Patrick Leone of Cars on Course who provided the corner workers for the East Course. He was right on point with schedules and deadlines that had to be met and kept us all in the loop even as he was going through a difficult personal time. Great job Rusty, maybe one day we can do this again.

The Fred continually offered his assistance in any way possible and spent his mid week day off running the PA routes with me. He found an amazing road that led to Jim Thorpe, and he offered to Road Captain when he'd never RC’d before. Thanks Fred, for everything you did, which includes sprinting back to my room on Saturday night to search my pants pocket for the missing Angry Bird.

Mark DaShark, please accept my deep and humble apology for not mentioning you on Saturday night as our website tech and badge ID creator. Mark took care of the 2014 NASSM website from beginning to end, and was available every moment without fail. Communication with DaShark was total awesomeness with his mantra being: "What can I do for you." "What else do you need?" "I am at your service." I was greeted almost every morning with "Good morning sunshine" and he never once complained about any of my requests. I heard many compliments on the professional look of the badges and it was all Mark’s doing. Thank you Mark from the bottom of my heart.

DeepBlueGXP, thanks for all your help with contacting the vendors and sponsors. We missed you at Nationals but I hope all went well for you on your personal road trip. Thanks for everything you’ve done for the community over the past ten years from hosting the SMMMs to building the Kappa Performance forum. You rock!

Shiny, thanks for your positive energy, your infectious enthusiasm, your fun and for keeping dengel and I company when we ran the roads. Big thanks for filling the RC hole on Bushkill Backroads, I hope the signs helped and you weren’t too nervous.

Reedred supplied the Saturn Sky caps for the award banquet gift bags and kept me on target for the Pocono Raceway track with his unabated enthusiasm. His texts read: "What else can I do to help?" Reed was our run staging flagger par excellence and he also provided the talking points for Bob Lutz’s video for which I am eternally grateful. Thanks Reed! XO

Mr Marky – you jumped in with both feet, providing us with our sixties love beads and those cute stuffed animals for the registration bags. Mark helped out in the registration room sorting water bottles and he hammered the entrance way flag poles into the stone earth of Bushkill. He hung the vendor banner on the deck and fixed the front entry award banner after I yanked it past its tension point. Big hugs4u Marky.

GrandpaSolstice, thanks so very much for heading up Friday's Pedal and Paddle event! Everyone had a good time!

Many thanks to MS Solstice and crew for helping to set up the tent, tables and chairs, and to Just Mike & Mickey for helping dengel load it into the truck on Monday.

Thanks to all who helped to load the registration bags and who sat at the registration table: ripple, Twitchy, Sun Goddess, Sun Chaser, Nynke, Cindy, Marky, and 27 Rings. We got those bags done in record time! If I left anyone off this list, it was because I probably wasn’t there to see you, so please add your name.

A big thanks goes to Spag for taking time to shoot the action at the Pocono Raceway. I would venture to guess the files are RAW and absolutely awesome!

dengel, Shiny, Sooner, Billy, e-sarge, Nynke, Sol Noir, Treeman, 27 Rings, ChiliSky, ChiliPepper, ihawk95, MS Solstice, BassSol, Druid2, Sun Chaser, Wartie, Stuck, wickedMike, Jerzedvil, The Fred, reedred, kd4z, and WarrenHotRod1:

Our Road Captains, mid-pack RC relays, co-pilots and sweeps you guys are remarkable. It all fails without you, so thank you for helping to make this National possible. You called out the potholes, gravel on the curves, rough road, road kill, walkers, bikers, branches blocking the road, oncoming, BIG BIG BIG MASSIVE trucks on those narrow two lane country roads. Thank you for jumping in, leading the way and keeping us all as safe as possible. I'd like to give a special shout out to my co-pilot Brett, who did an AWESOME job calling the oncoming traffic during Thursday's Towpath Twister rally. Thanks Brett, you are so very smart and funny and cool, I loved being with you. XO

Shiny and Pace Car, thank you for fund raising for ALS. Your personal experience with this debilitating disease illustrates the very painful reality that we need to continue to fight for a cure. Keep up the excellent work!

Thanks very much to Lemansguy68 for providing us with our Saturday evening presentation which included video footage of the final days at the Boxwood Assembly Plant. Your presentation really brought home what these cars mean to all of us.

A BIG THANK YOU goes to Mr. Robert A. Lutz for speaking at our 9th National Meet. Mr. Lutz thanks you all for continuing to preserve the heritage of these great cars, so please continue to support those folks who organize the National each year; it is so important that we stay together and keep this love fest going.

THANK YOU ALL! :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Morphious deserves a shout-out for being being drafted as a mid-sweep, and an extra big thanks to my son Brock who was with Treeman during the second Towpath pothole > rim incident, but who used that knowledge to safely guide our final run without any problem and point out a great place to eat! BTW - since humility isn't my strong suit - the Brett that Solli referenced above is also my son. Nice work boys!

·
Registered
556 Posts
We had a blast! Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the organizers for putting in all that time and hard work! Your efforts are very much appreciated!
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Thank you to all who had a hand in making NASSM 2014 a great event. We the Kappa community are eternally great-full to you for giving us all a venue to celebrate these amazing cars. And thank you Bob Lutz for your vision.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I want to thank you, Solli4me and all of her crew for all time and hard work. I had a blast. This was my 1st. NASSM Event. I got to meet some of the greatest people in the world of car fans. I've run with Classic owners and Hot Rod owners and I'll tell you all, KAPPA's are the best.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
My wife and I had a blast. Thank you to the organizers for all their hard work. It was a great event!:thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
20 Posts
To all the organisers of the Nassm 2014, a big Thank You for a job well done again.....we had a great time in the Pocono's.....
J.P.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thank you to all who attended the 2014 North American Solstice Sky Meet, "NASSM in the POCONOS
Well said, I hope to attend next years NASSM in Hood River, it would be my first one.

Terry

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thanks to all the above and the wonderful Solli who led the charge. It is truly a wonderful event where I bust a rim, a tire, and a turbo and still rave about the good time I had. Hats off to the Kappa crowd who area simply the best!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
7 Posts
I want to Thank ALL of you that made this happen! I was only there for a short time. Got to the meet and greet, met some wonderful people, (great marinated cherries btw) had fun went on a run, had some more fun! Met some Funny people from Canada! (GREAT!)
Got to meet and pay my respects to Dave from DDM!
So with much appreciation...
~~~THANK YOU! :D ~~~

·
Registered
31 Posts
thnks!

A most special thank you to Michelle for being the guiding light and drive behind a great week in the Poconos with our Kappa family.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The Pocono event was my first one since I just bought a Kappa Coupe last April. Very well planned and professional. After driving from Ohio in the rain all day Thursday to Bushkill, PA the car wash was a "site for sore eyes".

Driving my coupe through the twisty PA back roads was sheer pleasure and as all of you say put a "permagrin" on my face for the extent of the drives. The retrofit of the DDM "Holy Trinity" over the winter months really made my coupe drive like it was on rails.

Even enjoyed a great drive back to Ohio with a side trip up through Sproul State Forest driving on PA 120 and PA140 back onto I80 west. I took the Coupe up to 110 mph on a few legs of that scenic driving route. What a blast!

Would love to go to Oregon next year.

Lar Bear
#159 "Cool" Manual Solstice Coupe

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
And Maui -never got to catch up with you and say thanks for that covert drink purchase you made for me on Saturday. much appreciated!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks to all. Ann and I had a great time. I know a lot of your time was spent in making this a really great event.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts