Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have been hanging around here for about 2 months now, and after talking to the wife, I have decided that I really want to get a Solstice!!

BUT, after reading many posts about folks who have ordered back in April and still have not received their car, I don't have many hopes of being able to get one of these beautiful cars, if I ordered one now.

I have heard stuff like there are 13,000+ orders right now, and only 7,000 will be made by the end of next year, etc..........

SO, if I go to one of my 20 Pontiac dealers within 50 miles of me (Zip 76053) right now, do I have any chances of being able to get one by the end of the year (HAHA!!) or by next spring?? Or, will I just have to wait until the middle of winter and buy one from somebody who has to sale theirs for some unfortunate reason??

Do I just need to call around and see what that particular dealer's allocation is and what else should I ask them??

I'm sure your answers would help out a lot of other newbies that have begun to lurk around here like myself!!

Thanks!!

- bspate -

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Definately call around - I wish I had (unfortunately, I ordered mine before coming to the website - I probably could have improved my position, but didn't know any better :banghead: )

We saw a spat of cancellations a few weeks ago - you might be able to horn in on someone else's order, or at least their place in line. With a little leg work, I'd be willing to bet you could have a Solstice before summer :cool:

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
I would definetly go around and contact the dealers, you never know if someone is no longer getting the car.

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

bspate said:
Well, I have been hanging around here for about 2 months now, and after talking to the wife, I have decided that I really want to get a Solstice!!

BUT, after reading many posts about folks who have ordered back in April and still have not received their car, I don't have many hopes of being able to get one of these beautiful cars, if I ordered one now.

I have heard stuff like there are 13,000+ orders right now, and only 7,000 will be made by the end of next year, etc..........

SO, if I go to one of my 20 Pontiac dealers within 50 miles of me (Zip 76053) right now, do I have any chances of being able to get one by the end of the year (HAHA!!) or by next spring?? Or, will I just have to wait until the middle of winter and buy one from somebody who has to sale theirs for some unfortunate reason??
I just need to call around and see what that particular dealer's allocation is and what else should I ask them??

I'm sure your answers would help out a lot of other newbies that have begun to lurk around here like myself!!

Thanks!!

- bspate -

They did not start producing vehicles for sold orders until just a few weeks into July. That is the reason that we are just getting cars ordered in April or before.

Shop around and if you can't find one, order now to get in line. The wait should not be as long as ours and you benefit from all the experience GM gained by producing and delivering ours.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I would definitely let my fingers do the walkin, call around and see if anyone has any 1st allotments eft, there have been a few posts recently ablut a dealer in Fl. who had some 1st allotments left, you may luck out. Happy hunting.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I called 31 dealers before I found a dealer with allocation left. The car I bought had been ordered by the dealer and is at event code 3000. Expand your calling radius to 200-500 miles. You never know you might get lucky like I did. Ask to speak to the sales manager or general manager. Most of the sales reps I talked to did not have the knowledge about the solstice program that the managers had. I found this car just a week ago. Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Ask:

a) How many people do you have on their list for a Solstice
b) How many cars do they have for first allocation
c) Do they know additional allocation numbers?
d) You want it at MSRP

A+B are the biggest questions to ask to know approximately when you will get the car.

Good luck.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the responses!! It looks like I need to make some phone calls and see if I can get lucky.

Can any of you guys throw out some figures on the amount that is supposed to be produced the rest of this year and then next year?? Also, does 13,000+ orders placed already sound right??

Thanks again!!

- bspate -

·
2,574 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
Ask:

a) How many people do you have on their list for a Solstice
b) How many cars do they have for first allocation
c) Do they know additional allocation numbers?
d) You want it at MSRP

A+B are the biggest questions to ask to know approximately when you will get the car.

Good luck.
Todd's right and it's well worth the research. Was at my dealership today and cars are still available within what I consider a reasonable time period. (translation: allocation spot to be had) This shop doesn't want to make sales out of the area so that they don't appear to GM to be having problems selling locally but are very willing to accept local referrals. Also, honest shop! Good Luck!

·
5,641 Posts
bspate said:

Do I just need to call around and see what that particular dealer's allocation is and what else should I ask them??
Here is a post from August that addresses some of your issues, 8/21 post, of course the "premium" amounts may be a little out of date. But is the procedure that I wanted to get across.

There are dealers in the Fort Worth area that have orders for Solstices that went in as stock orders. They may have been sold since then, but who knows.

Bonzo Audit Scorecard :)
Defend Dealership: No Critical Dealership: No
Defend GM: No Critical GM: No
Provide Infomation: Yes
Answer Question: Yes
General Conversation: No

·
Registered
337 Posts
I spoke with my Dealer the other day and he had just come back from a regional sales meeting. He spoke of Dealers holding back one of their allocation only for floor showing purposes. "Not for sale", I ask - no sale, only for show. He said with such a high demand the customers wants to see one on the sales floor. He said dealer want foot traffic and a Solstice on the floor right now is what will bring it. He said "you bought one without every seeing it in person, imagine what people will do with it on the sales floor".

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
If you want on this year!!!

If you want a solstice this year you need to ask yourself what are you willing to pay for one? If you truly want to own one of these cars this year or in the near future (With in 10 months) then I would look to places like Ebay or privite owners like myself who have them on order and would be willing to sell there place in line. I personaly have a Black Fully loaded (Except XM & Upgraged sound) comming in wiht in the next 8 weeks. I ordered it Back in April but I was able to find a dealer out od state and pick on of the First 1k cars. Let me know what you think, I have a gentelmen that has offered me 28'000 for my solstice that is coming in. I guess you just need to ask your self how badly do you want one of these sweet cars....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts