Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Rogobuck stated an idea to have the stock painted rims painted to match the color of the car itself, a very interesting Idea if I may say so! and it just so happens he was thinking of the same color as myself(deep) can someone with some chop skills make the pic I post have deep colored rims, would probably help us both out! thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Take the wheels to a powder coater and have them done. The finish will be tough as nails. We do it with custom bike all the time. :cool:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
How much?

Hey HogDealer, What do you estimate that would cost to have done?

Might be an idea!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The body matching tint on the wheels looks pretty cool. I was thinking about something like that for my car if I replace the wheels down the road.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Excelsior! thats the general idea, Im sure it would look sweet when actually done, what can we expect this "powder coat" treatment to cost?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Excelsior,
Thanks for posting a photo of my new Solstice :lol: I am now going to look for a powder coater in my area to pursue this further.
Rogobuck

·
Registered
180 Posts
You know, there is a freebie version of photshop in the open source community called GIMP, here's the link, you have to install 2 files (the environment, then the program) and then it'll run just fine. Its free, legal, and you can do your own photochops as well, and its a tiny program, originally developed for the open source guys like us Linux geeks and such.

GIMP software

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jus2shy said:
You know, there is a freebie version of photshop in the open source community called GIMP, here's the link, you have to install 2 files (the environment, then the program) and then it'll run just fine. Its free, legal, and you can do your own photochops as well, and its a tiny program, originally developed for the open source guys like us Linux geeks and such.

GIMP software
Normally Im not so lazy, Im getting the full version from my friend probably tomorrow, used to have it but formated my computer recently and havent reinstalled

1 - 10 of 10 Posts