Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sorry if I was rude or ungrateful or disrespectful. I was new on fourm before. I had just bought car and guy lied to me said he had to reset senors when put in new 02S. Well he straight lied. Was getting a code every time a fixed a code. I was super nerves and super exited I thought a found a home for myself and started posting like crazy and making post for same thing. This I am very sorry for. And I thank everyone for the help. I would love the respect of this fourm. And now have just been reading and learning. So I will do my best to keep post to min and only ask a question 1 time and 1 way to get the help I need if I need it. But I don't want anyone to dislike me or ignore question if I have one. Again I am very sorry if you feel any type of way towards me and if you want a private mesg sorry I will also give. Just please let me know that you guys are still with me.
Thank you very much.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
All good. As others have said, don't post your question more than once and always search to see if your question has already been asked. That let's you find the answer first, or more importantly, you add your question to the same thread in case your answer wasn't found. This keeps all of the solutions to the same question in one place. That makes it easier for new members to get a full history of what worked and what didn't.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok now I got the add to other persons post. And ok I thank you very much for advice. That is always welcome here. That is the first thing I will admit. Advice is better then money sometimes. Learned that the hard way so please everyone leave you comments on best ways to post. Don't want to make any more mistakes and take up you good folks time.

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
Like CycleCat said, just slow down and take a breath. Re-read your posts before submitting and don't be afraid to edit.

Most of the forum members are pretty easy going. This isn't the Cadillac forum. :)

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Okay...I'm going to interject. A paragraph of advice. Slow down. Do research on your own before throwing things out there for us to explain. There's plenty of information here. Use the search box in the upper right corner. I was just reading several posts made by you today on several different items. Search for those items and "learn" before asking us if certain items fit/won't fit. A good example is the Razzi Intercooler. There is DDM Works, Hahn and Performance Auto Werks that have ICs that fit our cars.... You might find another 1 or 2 makers..that's it. Not many people make parts for our cars. There are only about 120,000 total Kappa turbo cars out there...that's it. We are not as prevalent as the Cobalt SS, HHR SS or Cadillac ATS LNF motors. Modding your car is difficult as you have found out...and expensive. From your posts, you don't sound like a "car guy", which makes modding your car harder....and more expensive as you've learned. Type out complete thoughts. It appears that English isn't/wasn't your first language from your posts because of all of the missing words, that's why people are asking where you're from. But you need to slow down, do your research, learn...and when you've looked for a day or three for an item or solution, then ask.... Don't post 15 questions about 15 different things in one day. Not trying to be nasty, I'm trying to help you. These guys will help you when you legitimately need it, but continue down the path of 15 questoins and on 15 different subjects and nobody will answer you.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,378 Posts
There are only about 120,000 total Kappa turbo cars out there...that's it.
Don't you wish? There were a total of about 107,700 Kappa cars made before the shutdown, total, Turboed and base. Solstice, Sky, Opel GT and Daewoo G2x included. That's it!

As for the rest of your prior message, you are are right on.

:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Slowing down on mods is a must unless you own a speed shop... you'll never be able to troubleshoot problems if you change too much all at once. It took me six months to mod my 2008 GXP from stock to where it is now. Work out your ultimate goal and build slowly from there, I made sure after each hardware mod, that there were no issues before I started the next mod - that included checking and rechecking my work and driving the car in real world conditions. I changed the complete intake and exhaust before setting up my tune, without ever having a check engine light or any codes. Everything that I have done was in preparation for a future turbo upgrade, but with a focus on keeping the car drivable and reliable along the way. I spent MANY hours reading the trial and errors of others on threads going back to 2007. Remember that this forum is not laid out in a rapidfire 'facebook' style, it is more like a library of Kappa information. Help us keep it clean and on point - thank you for your interest and enthusiasm... and above all, enjoy the best GM roadster ever made! :wink:

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
Me i am from USA Philadelphia I was going nuts when first joined but calm now and also helpful do to last 6 months have had many repairs done. Many codes. But my car always ran so GREAT.
Vincent, you're doing fine, we all went through a learning stage when trying to figure out how the forum works.

My advice do nothing to the car for several months and learn how it performs and handles. These cars have been around long enough where people have a general formula to improve the handling or the performance, or to just keep it stock.

Also, read the owners manual from beginning to end, it contains of wealth of information on how to take care of the car and includes recommendations for when to have parts serviced.

Lastly, welcome to the forum, there are a lot of good folks here who can be very helpful and be happy to help you learn about your car.

Last thing, learn how to lift the car properly or risk damaging the body.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay...I'm going to interject. A paragraph of advice. Slow down. Do research on your own before throwing things out there for us to explain. There's plenty of information here. Use the search box in the upper right corner. I was just reading several posts made by you today on several different items. Search for those items and "learn" before asking us if certain items fit/won't fit. A good example is the Razzi Intercooler. There is DDM Works, Hahn and Performance Auto Werks that have ICs that fit our cars.... You might find another 1 or 2 makers..that's it. Not many people make parts for our cars. There are only about 120,000 total Kappa turbo cars out there...that's it. We are not as prevalent as the Cobalt SS, HHR SS or Cadillac ATS LNF motors. Modding your car is difficult as you have found out...and expensive. From your posts, you don't sound like a "car guy", which makes modding your car harder....and more expensive as you've learned. Type out complete thoughts. It appears that English isn't/wasn't your first language from your posts because of all of the missing words, that's why people are asking where you're from. But you need to slow down, do your research, learn...and when you've looked for a day or three for an item or solution, then ask.... Don't post 15 questions about 15 different things in one day. Not trying to be nasty, I'm trying to help you. These guys will help you when you legitimately need it, but continue down the path of 15 questoins and on 15 different subjects and nobody will answer you.
Thank you very much for your advice. That is what I need to here.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Slowing down on mods is a must unless you own a speed shop... you'll never be able to troubleshoot problems if you change too much all at once. It took me six months to mod my 2008 GXP from stock to where it is now. Work out your ultimate goal and build slowly from there, I made sure after each hardware mod, that there were no issues before I started the next mod - that included checking and rechecking my work and driving the car in real world conditions. I changed the complete intake and exhaust before setting up my tune, without ever having a check engine light or any codes. Everything that I have done was in preparation for a future turbo upgrade, but with a focus on keeping the car drivable and reliable along the way. I spent MANY hours reading the trial and errors of others on threads going back to 2007. Remember that this forum is not laid out in a rapidfire 'facebook' style, it is more like a library of Kappa information. Help us keep it clean and on point - thank you for your interest and enthusiasm... and above all, enjoy the best GM roadster ever made! /forum/images/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
That was very helpful advice thank you very much for the info. Like this fourm very much. And you are right i am just trying to get the check engine light off and will drive it for a while and I have been learning by reading search posts in the past.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts