Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 weeks ago many Sols with vins lower that 500 were shipped to suburban Detroit to have door seals replaced and alignment checked. I was told they are also working on convertible tops - the fabric was sagging too much. The person said they are trying to get it right before shipping the cars,he also said, even Lexus is having problems with their new model. Does is sound right to you?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
wife of cdb said:
3 weeks ago many Sols with vins lower that 500 were shipped to suburban Detroit to have door seals replaced and alignment checked. I was told they are also working on convertible tops - the fabric was sagging too much. The person said they are trying to get it right before shipping the cars,he also said, even Lexus is having problems with their new model. Does is sound right to you?
Sounds credible. There are many things that can create problems.What really encourages, me in spite of all the criticism, is that GM seems to be making every effort to get these cars right.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Editguy said:
Sounds credible. There are many things that can create problems.What really encourages, me in spite of all the criticism, is that GM seems to be making every effort to get these cars right.
They also must feel that they are being successful in correcting the faults they have come across because they continue to produce cars, and are slowing getting them out to dealers.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
If cars lower than 500 were re-directed, then why did #25 just get delivered?

Perhaps he slipped through the cracks, or maybe his car didn't exhibit the problem...

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
wife of cdb said:
I was told they are also working on convertible tops - the fabric was sagging too much.
Didn't someone that works at the plant producing the tops just post that they were sending GM 120 tops a day? He made no mention of any revisions or delays for the tops.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sounds very credible to me. I washed mine for the first time today and noticed it leaked terribly around the seals where the door meets the top, has anyone else experienced this? It may have been my fault, I put the top on when the windows were already up, should I put the windows up after putting the top on for a better seal? It was not just a little water, it got soaked inside.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
YES! for crying out loud, you OWN the car don't you? read the OWNERS manual! It should say something like ALWAYS have the windows down when putting the top up, THEN roll the windows up.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
solsticedream2 said:
Sounds very credible to me. I washed mine for the first time today and noticed it leaked terribly around the seals where the door meets the top, has anyone else experienced this? It may have been my fault, I put the top on when the windows were already up, should I put the windows up after putting the top on for a better seal? It was not just a little water, it got soaked inside.
having owned to previous convertibles..never put the top up with the windows rolled up.....lower the windows..raise the top..the raise the windows to create the seal...I beleive the owners manual states the same!!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dori-san said:
If cars lower than 500 were re-directed, then why did #25 just get delivered?

Perhaps he slipped through the cracks, or maybe his car didn't exhibit the problem...

Just delivered ??? The car was made beginning of July. I would think they can fix them a little faster then that !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts