Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This afternoon, I will be going to the dealership to start my journey. So far the wife hasn't shown any negativity. I feel when she sees the little beauty, she will be in love with it............

...........here's to hoping that all turns out well.

My Sol "Stats"

Sly W/Steel & Sand Interior
A/C
Anti-Lock Wheel Stoppers
The Packages (convenience, power, premium)
LSD
Mats
6 Disc CD w/Monsoon

$24,280 (so far)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,293 Posts
mikeytex said:
This afternoon, I will be going to the dealership to start my journey. So far the wife hasn't shown any negativity. I feel when she sees the little beauty, she will be in love with it............

...........here's to hoping that all turns out well.
Good luck, Mikey! We're here for you and your wife. :yesnod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
mikeytex said:
This afternoon, I will be going to the dealership to start my journey. So far the wife hasn't shown any negativity. I feel when she sees the little beauty, she will be in love with it............

...........here's to hoping that all turns out well.

My Sol "Stats"

Sly W/Steel & Sand Interior
A/C
Anti-Lock Wheel Stoppers
The Packages (convenience, power, premium)
LSD
Mats
6 Disc CD w/Monsoon

$24,280 (so far)
Ooohh, sounds just like my car. I think I ordered the exact same thing, with the addition of the polished aluminum wheels. That's a beautiful combination. Good luck, and welcome to the waiting game! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update 10/15

Went to dealership - they had #589 on display.

It looked and felt fine. We checked it out for at least 40 minutes. There were some things I didn't like, but not a deal breaker.............

I loved it.
Wife loved it - said she wanted one too.
Wife was positive about it, but........

Claims it will be a chick magnet (whatever - - she's 12 1/2 years younger, so go figure).
Claims it is a mid-life crisis vehicle (mmmm, maybe so)
Didn't like all the plastic (have you looked at your Expedition lately?)

Bottom line - I'll probably end up getting one (ordering at least) in the very near future)...................... :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update 11/3

Put $500 deposit down last night...............let the wait begin!!!! :willy:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,849 Posts
Well, now you're officially one of us. Welcome aboard for the long haul. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
Best of luck!

mikeytex said:
This afternoon, I will be going to the dealership to start my journey. So far the wife hasn't shown any negativity. I feel when she sees the little beauty, she will be in love with it............

...........here's to hoping that all turns out well.

My Sol "Stats"

Sly W/Steel & Sand Interior
A/C
Anti-Lock Wheel Stoppers
The Packages (convenience, power, premium)
LSD
Mats
6 Disc CD w/Monsoon

$24,280 (so far)
Being that I have to wait until at least Spring, it's good to know that some Sols are being delivered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gizmo2004 said:
mikeytex, I hope you don't have to wait too long. Sounds like you're ordering from scratch, not taking one they already have on order. Might be VERY long wait. Which dealership?

Good luck, neighbor.

.
Thanks!!!
Gay Pontiac in Dickinson. They have 17 allotments thus far (all spoken for), only 1 delivered......Salesman told me 3 months (yeah right)..........I don't mind the wait though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Sounds just like mine. I also ordered from Gay Pontiac. They have been very good to this point. Ordered on 7/22. Still waiting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CLSOL said:
Sounds just like mine. I also ordered from Gay Pontiac. They have been very good to this point. Ordered on 7/22. Still waiting.
What's your "delivery date"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
It was 10/27. As of Tuesday the dealer checked and it is still being held for ransom in Delaware.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CLSOL said:
It was 10/27. As of Tuesday the dealer checked and it is still being held for ransom in Delaware.
.........hopefully soon.............. :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,667 Posts
mikeytex and CLSOL: are you getting MSRP? Do you have signed sales order stating that it is MSRP? I hope so. Champion of North Houston charged me $3000 over MSRP, didn't tell me until 5 months after I gave deposit, said take it or leave it. Champion Pontiac, owned by AutoNation, bunch of rats.

Either of you know the VIN of the one that was delivered from Gay Pontiac?

ADDED WITH EDIT: Or the date delivered?

.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
gizmo2004 said:
mikeytex and CLSOL: are you getting MSRP? Do you have signed sales order stating that it is MSRP? I hope so. Champion of North Houston charged me $3000 over MSRP, didn't tell me until 5 months after I gave deposit, said take it or leave it. Champion Pontiac, owned by AutoNation, bunch of rats.

Either of you know the VIN of the one that was delivered from Gay Pontiac?

.
I'm getting it (signed sales order). No idea on VIN#.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Gizmo2004 MSRP, I don't know the VIN but it is Mysterious/Ebony.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,667 Posts
Well, I guess I had to do it myself. It was VIN 1371 (same group as my MARiSOL). It was sold by Ali at Gay Pontiac, and it was Cool (silver).

The Mysterious was a pre-production model belonging to GM.

Special thanks to Geraldo at Gay Pontiac; he was VERY helpful.

.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top