Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
Brentil? Get your compressive cranial bandages out....

***POP****

too late... somebody popped Brentil's head again....


The Canadian car strikes again!!!

No, there is no start button - you're looking at the pics from the original fantasy concept car from 2002. It would be nice if canada updated their pics on the website.

There's no screen, there's no start button, it's not based off the Delta platform, it does not have a 6-speed tranny from the corvette...

Besides, start buttons are to ignition keyed cars like center mounted instrument panels are to IONs. Quirky. Artsy-fartsy. Absolutely of no value if you have to insert a key anyway. Designer's dream and one of my examples of "different for difference's sake".

Some of the most infuriating features on cars today that I've experienced:

the center cluster on the ION
the push-button start on the Honda S2000 and the Porsche Boxter
the center console ignition key on the Saabs

I suppose I'd learn to live with it on a C6 or the XLR, but I don't think you have to have your key in the ignition to run the car - just on you.

I am very glad they didn't put this on the Solstice.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
Or shoulder level gear shift straight out in front, like Honda Civic/Element.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
527 Posts
I've been working on a fingerprint reader to start my fiero...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
solsticeman said:
Brentil? Get your compressive cranial bandages out....

***POP****

too late... somebody popped Brentil's head again....
HEHEHEHEHE :jester
I need to find a popping head emoticon for instances like this.

Don't forget to point out that the Supercharged 2.2L 240HP engine is also not available as well.

Think I found an icon or two for me. :D
 

Attachments

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
HEHEHEHEHE :jester
I need to find a popping head emoticon for instances like this.

Don't forget to point out that the Supercharged 2.2L 240HP engine is also not available as well.

Think I found an icon or two for me. :D
Now those are some good emoticons. Maybe troy can add it, with the following script to put one in a post; :brentil

:lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Yes agree Troy needs to add the head popping ones to our list :lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
After looking at the front more closely, I think I saw where the hand crank fits for the engine - just wondering if my Grandfather's crank from his 1921 Pontiac will fit........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Clench butt muscles starter

How about a starter built into the driver's seat, that you sit your butt cheeks down onto, it inserts up your backside, and you clench your butt muscles to start the car? Wow.

Regards,

Doc
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
big_daddy_mpd said:
How about a starter built into the driver's seat, that you sit your butt cheeks down onto, it inserts up your backside, and you clench your butt muscles to start the car? Wow.

Regards,

Doc
um, ok? :leaving
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
If the car is without an ignition switch, and if the function of the key is limited to unlocking the steering wheel, then I would like a push-button start: I warm-up my cars before driving.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top