Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer called this morning saying my car has arrived. No.4492, shipped 11/2 and arrived 11/22. When I gotto the dealership I was unable to take delivery of the car because the ABS light is on. I was able to start the car and see for myself that it in fact on. If they can fix it by tomorrow I will be able to take it home. If not, I'll have to wait until after the holiday. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
fan TAS tic! Hope to see a delivery thread tomorrow (er, today). I'm sure things will be fine! Congratulations.

·
Premium Member
10,465 Posts
Congratulations, to bad you have to wait for this minor inconvenience. :party:

·
5,641 Posts
Many things can set the ABS warning light. One thing the dealership should be checking for is water intrussion at a wire connector by the right rear frame rail.

What ever the dealership finds, ask them to submit a field product report.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8134

Also post back here with any information.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Low fluid?

Will the ABS light come on if the brake fluid is low - I think my truck does that and it has ABS. :cool:

·
Registered
509 Posts
ABS light on...This happened to me a couple of years ago on my one month old Chrysler Caravan ES. The dealer replaced a bad module chip on the rear ABS...never happened since...Congratulations, by the way :cheers:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealer says it is a speedwheel sensor and needs to be ordered. Bummer, since now I won't see the car until next week sometime. They won't let me take it home until the problem is fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts