Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with staggered wheels had their ABS pop on? Im running a 18 on the front and a 19 on the rear. Any help would be nice. dont really car if ABS is diasabled either..

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Has anyone with staggered wheels had their ABS pop on? Im running a 18 on the front and a 19 on the rear. Any help would be nice. dont really car if ABS is diasabled either..
When running staggered wheels you must make sure you run the same outside diameter tires on front and rear or your ABS system will think that one set is running faster than the other and give you an alarm. I have just installed staggered Tires and have a Thread on the project.

I have 245/45R18 on the front and 275/40R18 on the rear. These tires have the exact same outside diameter. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
89 Posts
When running staggered wheels you must make sure you run the same outside diameter tires on front and rear or your ABS system will think that one set is running faster than the other and give you an alarm. I have just installed staggered Tires and have a Thread on the project.

I have 245/45R18 on the front and 275/40R18 on the rear. These tires have the exact same outside diameter. Hope this helps.

Is this something a tire dealer would typically know about (the potential problem) and advise a customer of it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I figured that much... I was wondering more or less is there a way to disable the abs without having a light on.

I have about a 2" difference between the front and rear tires.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
yeah I figured that much... I was wondering more or less is there a way to disable the abs without having a light on.

I have about a 2" difference between the front and rear tires.
Wow that is quite a difference. No wonder you're getting an ABS warning light.

Re disabling the ABS system, you might try pulling the ABS fuse (#61).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used a 1.3" in the rear and the tire rubs on hard bumps. i might roll the fender. i have no rubbing issues on the inside so a smaller spacer in the rear might work too. im running a 19x10 79mm offset with a 275/35/19. if i stretched a 255/35 it would prob solve my issue too.

I have a 1" in the front with 18x8.5 56mm offset with 255/35/18 in the fron with no issues.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I used a 1.3" in the rear and the tire rubs on hard bumps. i might roll the fender. i have no rubbing issues on the inside so a smaller spacer in the rear might work too. im running a 19x10 79mm offset with a 275/35/19. if i stretched a 255/35 it would prob solve my issue too.

I have a 1" in the front with 18x8.5 56mm offset with 255/35/18 in the fron with no issues.
Thanx brother. Just bought some C5 wheels and just looking to see what I need to make em fit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice mine are corvette GS wheels. Rear camber needed some adjustment but im happy with the fitment. Mine is lowered too so if you have stock ride height you will def be ok.

·
Registered
79 Posts
nice mine are corvette GS wheels. Rear camber needed some adjustment but im happy with the fitment. Mine is lowered too so if you have stock ride height you will def be ok.
Yep. Still stock height. After I get everything mounted lowering will probibly be next. Btw love the color of your car. Looks good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
311 Posts
19X8 front and 19X9.5 rear 245-40-19, Rears 275-35-19 35mm offset will this throw any lights or will this staggered design work?

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
19X8 front and 19X9.5 rear 245-40-19, Rears 275-35-19 35mm offset will this throw any lights or will this staggered design work?

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

Try the link above. Punch in your numbers. It will provide you all this information and you can fool around with other arrangements. Looks like the 245-40-19 has a 26.7" diameter and the 275-35-19 has a 26.6" diameter. The diameters are almost the same and I would expect that you would not have any problems with your ABS system.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I bought some wheels for the car with a staggered setup of 275/35/19 in the back and 245/40/19 in the front but with a little problem. They didn't come with tpms sensors can I still use it like this I think the only thing that will happen is the sensor light will go off on the car otherwise I should be fine correct?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts