Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder how to order. ABS is cheap option for Solstice and salesman said would save on insurance. What are pro's/con's for handling?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
There is no negative to adding ABS. It is a safety feature that IMO should be on every car. Unless you are planning on making a drifter or something along those lines then spend the couple hundred.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Even if you plan on drifting or other things where you would rather not have it, it's usually pretty easy to set up a toggle switch(es) to turn it off when you don't need it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
IMO? In My Opinion? not familiar with that one...

If you're just wondering about handling, keep it.

And drifting is the new "artistic" racing/competition where you take corners without any traction....

·
Registered
139 Posts
Drifters rarely can ever beat you in an all out road race. Once you've trounced them, they cry about how your such a boring and untalented driver because you can't drive through an entire coursewith only two wheel of traction.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Lots of ABS discussion here:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1544

I'd say yes. Might be a bit more stabilizing (braking understeerish) if you are going for REALLY good handling, and it may make trail braking a bit stubborn on turn in, but definitely worth every bit for the rest of your driving experience in the real world.

ABS is always left on when the Corvettes run at the Nurburgring. If it were a really big detriment to handling, you'd see them disabled when running true track evaluations.

·
Registered
404 Posts
damn, i wish i had known that buying ABS would save money on insurance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts