Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I crashed my Gxp '08 today. And my traction abs and engine light came on. My bumpber and hood were totalled I'll have to replace. But my problem is will it be considered a total lost? Stock intake and tube that's connected to the turbo were mest up at impact so was the radiator. Can any one help? Is the car throwing the lights because of the parts that were mest up? Or will I really need to fix my abs and traction? Nothing happened to the engine but it has the light on, I was thinking it might be because some sensors were broken during impact? Engine starts but sounds like it wants to turn off, only the right side of the vehicle was damaged but nothing to bad. I really dont want to loose the vehicle as a total lost. Radiator was mest up turbo tube and stock air intake. Can that be the problem is it more serious ? Idrove the vehicle home after didn't seem like the traction was mest up nor the wheels or brake so why would it be throwing out so many lights? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
First things first. It's a total if your insurance company deems it a total....no way around it. If you didn't have collision insurance and didn't file a claim, then there technically is no record of the accident. Next thing. If your radiator is gone and your turbo tubes have moved, you WILL need an intercooler. Next item....IF and its a big if...the collision could have....and I say could have before I get crucified....damaged your ECM. Chances are with the amount of damage you are describing...it might be a goner. Did the airbags deploy? As far as the engine running rough, that's because your intercooler is gone and your turbo tubes are gone. Without seeing your car in-person, I'm willing to bet that you have about $7500 just in parts needed....and that's with no airbag deployment. If they went off, you're talking another $3k easy. Time to cut your losses and look for another one.

Reactions: Sting Ya

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Google Kelly Blue Book and look up the wholesale value of your car "what a dealer will offer you on a trade in " . Then look at the damage estimate to see the total cost of the repairs ,as a side note at times this is not accurate till they get the car apart to find any hidden damage . If the repairs are any where near the K.B.B. wholesale value then the car should be totalled . All of this depends on your coverage and the insurance appraisers estimate . At this point without seeing the car or knowing the extent of the damage it's hard to make a call on your situation .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts