Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Is the pressure sensor for both the high and low pressure levels? Mine doesn't start up on the hottest days until I drive it around a while. I'm guessing it is a high pressure shut off. maybe it is over charged. when it runs it is god and cold.

·
Super Moderator
7,334 Posts
Is the pressure sensor for both the high and low pressure levels? Mine doesn't start up on the hottest days until I drive it around a while. I'm guessing it is a high pressure shut off. maybe it is over charged. when it runs it is god and cold.
Yes. There is only one sensor, and the ECM uses it for high and low cutoffs. Overcharged sounds like a reasonable possibility, have you had it serviced where refrigerant may have been added?

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
No. I have had it about 1 year. I just noticed that my coolant temp is showing "--- F" It may be related because right now the A/C is not running.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Yesterday the coolant temperature started displaying correctly while I was driving and the A/C kicked on at the same time. I'm going to try cleaning the coolant temperature plug and see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have no AC. Took the car to my trusted mechanic who vacuumed the system, reinstalled the freon, pressure tested fine. Still no cold. He tested with meters and ECU readout and came to the conclusion it needs a new compressor because the clutch isn't engaging. $1500 estimate to replace! I'm thinking of doing it myself and know the basics and mechanic is willing to revac the system for me before and after. Is there a specific Youtube for the Solstice? I see a general one for similar cars, but I'd rather have the specific model to emulate.

Also, are any of the tips and tricks above, such as reprogramming (please list the specific steps for that one - not too clear here), that I should try before buying a new compressor?

Thanks everyone,

Quasimotor

21 - 25 of 25 Posts