Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Soltice When the AC is all the way clockwise it blows good cold air but move the dial one click clockwise it turns too full hot. Any ideas what can cause this and how to repair.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Have you performed the calibration process?

Actuator Recalibration
When replacing an air temperature, mode, recirculation actuator or the HVAC control assembly, the following calibration process needs to be performed:

Important: Do not adjust any controls on the HVAC control assembly during self-calibration. If interrupted, improper HVAC performance will result.

1) Turn ON the ignition with the engine OFF.

2) Turn the Temperature dial all the way to the right.

3) Turn the blower control dial all the way to the right.

4) Turn the mode position dial all the way to the left.

5) Simultaneously press and hold the A/C and Defrost buttons until the LED's start to flash.

6) Once the LED's stop flashing, calibration is complete.

·
Super Moderator
7,523 Posts
If the calibration doesn't work, HoosierGXP can sell you a used one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2008 Solstice . . . Finally got time to try calibration. Held buttons 5 minutes LEDs never stopped flashing. Need to hold longer? Had battery disconnected for 5 months. Could this have caused problem?
Looked under dash any idea which one is the blend actuator?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,472 Posts
2008 Solstice . . . Finally got time to try calibration. Held buttons 5 minutes LEDs never stopped flashing. Need to hold longer? Had battery disconnected for 5 months. Could this have caused problem?
Let go of the buttons when the lights start flashing.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Yes....a disconnected/dead battery can cause issues like this.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
I realize the forum is searchable, but has anyone put together a list of things we've all learned like this? Where the starting places are for certain CELs? Etc....???? If so, I would love that list!! If not, I will start putting together a list.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Went through calibration sequence twice and failed miserably. Any other way of rectifying problem. With the AC blowing cold air one click clockwise and it goes full heat it will not ratchet up. Anyone know which of the actuators is the blend one there is a least two that go full cycle that I know. I'm not sure which is which and if the ones I'm looking at is one of them is the blend actuator.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have an 07 that does the same thing. Think there is a post about having to pull the unit out and adding resistors to it. Have not tried it on mine as off yet. May only be with older models.

·
Super Moderator
7,523 Posts
How long should a person have to hold the buttons in before the lights do flash for recalibration?
Welcome to the forum.

I haven't done it for a while, but 5-10 seconds seems right. Anyone?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts