Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Accessories Update [GM SPO accessories]6-12-05

Here is the latest list of planned Solstice accessories.

No other info or pictures available at this time.

Solstice Accessories

Solstice will offer a host of GM SPO accessories that will give the vehicle added sports car appeal and versatility. Plus, GM SPO accessories can be financed with the vehicle and offer the security of a 3 years/36,000 mile limited warranty. When purchased and installed at time of delivery/new car purchase. I will not be posting part numbers.

Exterior Accessories

-Front end cover (assume for now it is a bra and not anything like the 3M roadblock clear protective material)

-Custom molded splash guards (Black) Set for Front and Rear. MSRP [email protected] As of 6/18 they both show as available parts

-18" cast/chrome flangeless wheels (one piece)

-Wheel locks

-Cat-Black exhaust system (as of 6/18, showing as "new" part with none available)

-High-flow air cleaner and housing

-Race suspension (uplift kit, springs, adjustable struts, bushings)

-XM Radio retrofit kit

Interior Accessories

-Windscreen

-Smoker's package

-Custom vinyl floor mats (Ebony)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Pardon my ignorance but what's a windscreen?

...Nevermind...

Does anybody have any idea if this will look good on the Solstice. Also, Small, you didn't mention anything about a luggage rack. I thought there was one available (though we don't know if it's removable or bolted on.) Thanks!

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
GM: don't think the "golf bag in the passenger seat" routine is going to cut it. (see Maksys's pics) We need a viable alternative asap.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
solli4me said:
GM: don't think the "golf bag in the passenger seat" routine is going to cut it. (see Maksys's pics) We need a viable alternative asap.
Give up golf? I know you won't but now joining one place and getting a locker for the clubs makes more sense than ever.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
solli4me said:
I'm sure the 3rd party after-market people will make accessories too.

Keep in mind that Maksys pic, the guy had a hard travel case which would have trouble fitting in many cars. Regular soft walking bag will hopefully fit OK.

·
Registered
177 Posts
me thinks the splashguards are a high priority... hope they're not priced too high :skep:

·
Registered
905 Posts
I wish they would have comparison muffler sounds on their parts website like Harley's muffler companies do before dropping $600+ on that catback exhaust system.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
They might, but nobody even knows what the car itself sounds like yet.

...besides, people DO buy catback exhausts for more than just sound you know. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
162 Posts
dori-san said:
They might, but nobody even knows what the car itself sounds like yet.

...besides, people DO buy catback exhausts for more than just sound you know. :rolleyes:
What are the reasons for catback exhaust? :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Front end cover
As in a bra for the car? Or are we talking some sort of custom-cut clear laminate? I assume it would be the bra, but just wanted to make sure. If so, are there any pics of one out there? I'm curious how it would look. Also wonder what the windscreen would look like if they have pics out yet.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
SlySol said:
As in a bra for the car? Or are we talking some sort of custom-cut clear laminate? I assume it would be the bra, but just wanted to make sure.
I'm thinking it's the older black bra not the clear one. Just a guess.

·
Registered
446 Posts
leolaw said:
What are the reasons for catback exhaust? :confused: :confused:
#1: it changes the sound of the exhaust to a more aggressive note.

Does anyone know if the optional cat-back still has to meet the same noise standards as the factory one? I know back in the 60's you could get an optional cat-back for the big block novas and chevelles that used chambered exhaust and WAS NOT noise-legal; and I seem to recall that a couple of dealers offered a cat-back for the LS1 f-bodies that was also not OEM noise-compliant.

#2: by allowing a freer flow of exhaust gas, the engine may make a few more horsepower, especially when coupled with a high flow intake. Whether or not you actually see an improvement depends on how well the OEM system flows.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
stonebreaker said:
#1: it changes the sound of the exhaust to a more aggressive note.

Does anyone know if the optional cat-back still has to meet the same noise standards as the factory one? I know back in the 60's you could get an optional cat-back for the big block novas and chevelles that used chambered exhaust and WAS NOT noise-legal; and I seem to recall that a couple of dealers offered a cat-back for the LS1 f-bodies that was also not OEM noise-compliant.

#2: by allowing a freer flow of exhaust gas, the engine may make a few more horsepower, especially when coupled with a high flow intake. Whether or not you actually see an improvement depends on how well the OEM system flows.
Exactly. Except "back in the 60's" there were no catalytic converters. :)

Don't know if it has to meet the noise requirements, but they'll have to be CARB certified, I would guess, for GM to sell them.

It'll be interesting to see what all the aftermarket comes up with. Cold air intake & catback might add 10-15hp. I'd be very sceptical of any company who claims more than that on an otherwise stock engine.

·
Registered
71 Posts
kevbo1121

Yo; small dealer, are the accessories available yet? and what about financing, is gm or pontiac going to offer any promos? and what do U think finance rates will be? thanks man :willy:

·
Registered
230 Posts
SlySol said:
As in a bra for the car? Or are we talking some sort of custom-cut clear laminate? I assume it would be the bra, but just wanted to make sure. If so, are there any pics of one out there? I'm curious how it would look. Also wonder what the windscreen would look like if they have pics out yet.
There were some pics someone took at a show(an airshow?). I think I have one but it's on my 'puter at home. Will post tonight if nobody beats me to it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
bigjon

I hope it is the 3M clear cover, works great on my Bravada. I vote for the Cat Back and the intake system. Add some Mobil ! and you should pick up 10-15 HP. And improve your MPG, which caused quite a stir when Mr Camaro added his two cents.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts