Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To clear up some misunderstanding that has transpired the last couple of days:

1. I did not take possession of car #726. Financial obligations and downturns in one business (63% reduction in price for product) and one child still in college have foreced me to sadly pass on the opportunity of having 726 in my very own garage over the winter. I held out hope until the end as there was the best of intentions and chances for it to happen. But this point in time I had to realize that it was not meant to be right now.

2. I did not post the car here because it is no longer my car. Therefore it would not have been appropriate for me to list it. I will answer any questions about the car to those that pm me.

3. The dealer, according to the rules, and as explained to them Pontiac, gets the car and loses future allocation(s) because of my failure to take delivery. It does become inventory of the dealer and skirts the MSRP rule. In fact the add-on was at the suggestion of the zone manager.

4. When I passed on the car I thought the dealer had someone ready to buy, right behind me. Obviously that person is waiting. And you all know how long the wait can be.

5. The individual that posted the car is not the salesperson I worked with that knows the restrictions on non-supporting dealers in listing goods here. The mods did the right thing in deleting info and closing the thread. If I had taken delivery and then listed the car it would be an entirely different story.

6. Hate me all you want for wanting a car that the fates said I could just not have right now. I will be changing my sig to reflect the circumstances. But, unfortunately it may seem, I can't get away from here (the forum) for more than a day or two at a time.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
We are ALL very sorry to hear that, achieftain.

You are hereby awarded the

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
SGhS (Seven Grouphug Salute)

We do not hate you, of course not! You have our deepest sympathy.

In fact, in a year or so we will be expressing our ENVY for you, having a GXP! That would be fantastic!

Since you are the Number One poster after the mods, you need to stick around to keep your title. There are people creeping up on you (Rodeo and Editguy). Then there is another member who is CHARGING like the Light Brigade, but he shall remain nameless! First he has to get past deluke, who is posting like a maniac, which is amazing since I believe her arm is still in a sling?

Good luck from all your friends here.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Sorry to hear achieftain :(

Will all be better when you get the GXP next year

Hang in there

·
4,592 Posts
Sorry to hear chief! Want to join our troll army until next year :lol: :devil:

I made a bid for a sol, how about that, but doesn't look like it will happen, we'll see :willy:

·
Registered
439 Posts
As nice,as it is. Its only a car.It takes a wise man to know his limits
Best of luck

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
Achieftain,

It is too bad that your circumstances have put you in this place. It is admirable, the manner in which you are handling it.

Do keep a part of us here.

--Chemist

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

Man, that must hurt. I know how much I want one too, but my finances tell me it's gotta wait 'til spring. Glad to know we'll be competing for one of those GXP's out there. Best of luck. :grouphug:

·
Registered
111 Posts
achieftain said:
"....and one child still in college have foreced me to sadly pass on the opportunity."

A child through college or a fun (but very impractical) car? Which do you think will have the biggest impact on the future?

IMHO - You chose the harder right over the easier wrong. Hope everything works out and we get some cool GXP pics next year.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hang in there

Hang in there achieftan! We all feel for you, but know you made the right decision. :thumbs:

Continue to hang around and you never know what may become available!

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
:agree: Family first.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Sorry to hear that you passed on the car achieftain, but really, how on earth could we h8u? Look at all we've been through together.
Do you know how many times I've had to tell myself: "I before E, except after C," and thought "He must like Irish music since he's using chieftain".
EVERYTIME I type your username!
If that doesn't create a bond, I don't know what does. Plus, you're in my age bracket, so please stick around.:lol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks EVERYONE for the group hug. :grouphug: It makes my day, although technically yesterday was "my day" Had a nice dinner out with the family, even though my 3 1/2 month old grandson slept through it. Glad I only had to pick up the tab for 8. Wife says "where do you want me to take you for your birthday dinner?" and then leaves her wallet at home. :brentil:

I do not give up easily so do not expect editguy or rodeo to pass me like I am standing still. Do not "try" to catch me - there is no "try" only do or do not. :lol:

Solli4me: my ancestry includes a bunch of Scottish cheiftains, but I do like Irish music, too. ...the sound of pipes through the mist over the moors and through the highlands... ;)

When the GXP's hit the Lake Erie shoreline you all will be the first to know.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Hey...you Going To Run With Us On The 26th???

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
achieftain said:
Thanks EVERYONE for the group hug. :grouphug: It makes my day, although technically yesterday was "my day" Had a nice dinner out with the family, even though my 3 1/2 month old grandson slept through it. Glad I only had to pick up the tab for 8. Wife says "where do you want me to take you for your birthday dinner?" and then leaves her wallet at home. :brentil:

I do not give up easily so do not expect editguy or rodeo to pass me like I am standing still. Do not "try" to catch me - there is no "try" only do or do not. :lol:

Solli4me: my ancestry includes a bunch of Scottish cheiftains, but I do like Irish music, too. ...the sound of pipes through the mist over the moors and through the highlands... ;)

When the GXP's hit the Lake Erie shoreline you all will be the first to know.
"never fall in love with something that can't love you back" ;)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Let it go -

Let it go free - if it returns it will be yours to keep. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
brian carpenter said:
Let it go free - if it returns it will be yours to keep. :cool:
Brian, I like that sentiment. She may be mine, she just doesn't know it yet!

Druid-2: I will be sticking close to home on the 26th but if the group gets up to I90 I might be able to run camera car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts