Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
solsticeman thinks that the VIN numbers will not be xxxx0001 to xxxxxx1000.
asuming he's right, will be able to tell where in the sequence our car was built? i wanted to use my build# in a vanity plate .... someting like
"500 of1k"

·
5,641 Posts
From the EOP customer FAQs:

Q. What's special about the first 1,000 exclusive retail orders?

A. The first 1,000 exclusive retail orders will include:

Special VIN sequence from 1-1,000

An Exclusive IP trim badge

Certificate of Authenticity

Other Solstice premiums, including a commemorative edition Solstice die-cast model (scale 1:18) with First 1,000 trim plate

·
Registered
600 Posts
GM can, and probably will, have the vin #'s for the first 1,000 slightly different than the regular production vehicles. We might get an extra 4 numbers over the regular ones. Won't know until it's released; soon I hope!

·
5,641 Posts
mikefred1952 said:
We might get an extra 4 numbers over the regular ones.
There is a standard for VIN set up and the length is set to 17 places. So one thing that will not happen is an extra long VIN for the 1000 First 1000 Retail Solstice EOP cars.

In the great pictures from the Plant Auto Show, there is a picture of a VIN plate. In it the last 6 digits are "100016". To satisfy the "promise" of the EOP cars getting a special VIN sequence, Pontiac could start them (and the cars that come after them) as "200001". Or they could just build some even number of pre-retail production units and start from there. Example, the first VIN could be "100201" and go to "101200".

What ever way they choose, VINs are only available to the dealers after the car is built.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
AHHHH! :yesnod: You are correct, Small Dealer, this could easily be done :thumbs:

I stand corrected and bow down before your brilliance and expertise. :cheers:

Kinda like having your cake and eating it too - specially sequenced VIN's, but vehicles built during the plant tryouts are in the 100### sequence...

Good catch on the VIN with 2KWK's pic - I thought I saw 4 zeroes before the 16, 'cause the 1 looked like a 7.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts