Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dealer in Marlton NJ ran an ad in the South Jersey Magazine, "2006 Solstice It's Here, NOW IN STOCK. I called, was told yes they had one, so I asked if it was for sale. They transfered me to a salesman that said "no, it has not arrived yet, expect it in September" I ask if it would be for sale, he says "yes of course"
How can they run an ad like this? My order has been picked up but I called just the same. Just FYI...

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
jumpinjackflash said:
A dealer in Marlton NJ ran an ad in the South Jersey Magazine, "2006 Solstice It's Here, NOW IN STOCK. I called, was told yes they had one, so I asked if it was for sale. They transfered me to a salesman that said "no, it has not arrived yet, expect it in September" I ask if it would be for sale, he says "yes of course"
How can they run an ad like this? My order has been picked up but I called just the same. Just FYI...

another one of those dealers I would stay far away from....dont think he will see that car arrive in Sept either......grin

·
Registered
85 Posts
Puffing

I'm struggling to remember my law school days from only a few years ago but I recall that the term is "puffing" and essentially advertisements can skate the truth to get you into a store (or dealership in this case).

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
sol4soul said:
I'm struggling to remember my law school days from only a few years ago but I recall that the term is "puffing" and essentially advertisements can skate the truth to get you into a store (or dealership in this case).
of the old bait and switch....just like have a certain model car for this one low price.....advertised...and when you get to the dealer..oooohhh sorry we sold that one..but have this one...just like for only $$ more...it has more options...... :cool:

·
Registered
201 Posts
jumpinjackflash said:
I think we are missing the bigger issue...

There's a "south jersey" magazine? WTF? :jester:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts