Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I added wireless car play not to long ago but hated having to plug in the Ian adapter to charge. So changed the oem power outlet with a Duel fast charge USB port and voltage gauge. I like it and simple. Just had to run new power wire so it’s not hot all the time.

·
Premium Member
10,429 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,344 Posts
nice looking

I put one on my battery cover that looks similar.

My Speedhut OBD gauges include a voltage gauge which I check regularly. Too many times pushing to start LOL

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually you can get one from eBAY that plugs into the cigarette lighter that has 2 USB ports plus the voltage read out and a cigarette lighter plug.
here is the link.
Dual USB Car LCD Cigarette Lighter Socket Splitter DC/12V Charger Power Adapter | eBay
I didn’t want to use any adapters. Something else sticking out I just wanted a clean look.
Actually you can get one from eBAY that plugs into the cigarette lighter that has 2 USB ports plus the voltage read out and a cigarette lighter plug.
here is the link.
Dual USB Car LCD Cigarette Lighter Socket Splitter DC/12V Charger Power Adapter | eBay
I didn’t want to use any adapters. Something else sticking out I just wanted a clean look. Plus with the factory outlet has the door sticking out with anything plugged in.

·
Premium Member
10,429 Posts
Your setup looks good, I just wanted to show there are other options available out there.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nice, did the same mod on mine, although I used a different brand. I hated the fact that the OE plug was always hot, so I tied into a switched power source. BTW, the factory plug was ridiculously hard to remove, was it not?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice, did the same mod on mine, although I used a different brand. I hated the fact that the OE plug was always hot, so I tied into a switched power source. BTW, the factory plug was ridiculously hard to remove, was it not?
Like stupid hard. Yes. Mine went flying across the shop. I pushed and pushed thinking I had the set pins out of the way. But comes out fast once they are.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts