Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hard top coupe solstice with a monsoon system. I would like to put in an amp to drive two 12inch subs in the trunk. Fitment is not the issue I’m more concerned with how I can wire this into the existing system using the stock monsoon head unit..?
Could I just bypass the sub behind the passenger seat utilizing those wires for the sub signal? Of course I would run power to the amp in the trunk as well. Help please!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Probably better off adding an additional amp to power the 2 12" subs and keeping the monsoon amp to power the monsoon sub. Have to get an audio shop to install the RCA outputs for the amp to connect to the stock head unit but its pretty cheap.

Hope this helps, I'm no expert but this sounds like an idea I would go with

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yah, sound's like you'd need some kind of line convertor to get sub signal, send that to new amps that will power the new subs. Nothing very custom there. I'm pretty sure there's even a plug and play adapter/harness.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I used a PAC SOEM-T to route signals from my stock HU to aftermarket amp. Note: the HU is a balanced output, but most amps are single-ended inputs, so you need a transformer-based interface similar to this to match the two.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I used a PAC SOEM-T to route signals from my stock HU to aftermarket amp. Note: the HU is a balanced output, but most amps are single-ended inputs, so you need a transformer-based interface similar to this to match the two.

Sweet! The plug and play solution I figured must exist. Thanks TS:thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts