Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having never bought a new car before I was wondering how much the tax, title, license and dealer fees would be for a Solstice?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Adrenaline said:
Having never bought a new car before I was wondering how much the tax, title, license and dealer fees would be for a Solstice?
Tax, title and license depends on your locality. Whether you pay sales tax, a personal property tax, how much state title and registration fees are. Etc.

·
Registered
215 Posts
all depends on the state and county you live in. Way out here in Cali ( bay area) we pay :( taxes up the *&s , add approx. 12 per cent for tax, fees, etc. :(

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm buying the car in Virgnia, but I'll be registering it in Maryland, so I'll be paying Maryland's tax rate right?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Adrenaline said:
I'm buying the car in Virgnia, but I'll be registering it in Maryland, so I'll be paying Maryland's tax rate right?

Yes, you will be paying Maryland state tax since you will registering in MD. I use to buy my cars in Virginia while living in MD for a while. Most Northern Virginia dealers have all the proper paperwork to do it at time of sale.

·
497 Posts
My total

I live (and will register) in DC but purchased in Maryland. Here is what my order reflects:

Cash Price $24,275
Tax $1,664.50 (1,456.50 state tax, $208 license & registration)
DC Tags $1,456.50
DC Tire Tax $4 (damn!) :)
Dealer $100 (dealer processing, not required by law….)

Total Price of unit $26,043.50

This is for all options except XM, OnStar and chrome wheels.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DCLocal said:
I live (and will register) in DC but purchased in Maryland. Here is what my order reflects:

Cash Price $24,275
DC Tags $1,456.50

Jesus! That's the exact same car I'm getting, the $3k I've saved up in the last 2 months is all going to those fees :(

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
DCLocal said:

Cash Price $24,275
DC Tags $1,456.50

Wow, a tire tax on a new car? :eek: I guess NY has not found every tax and fee yet! I am surprised!

If I were buying your car, it would look something like this:

MSRP $24,275
Tax (8.25%) $2002.69
Title/Registration $44
Dealer (not sure as they roll it into the title/regis figure, maybe another $20, it's usually not much)

Out the door: 26,337.69 (est)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts