Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...I'm getting no where with my dealer. I called and they said that their one EOP car was picked up for production today (which is wrong seeing as all of the first 1K are produced, right?). Well, I asked her to check the allocation numbers to make sure that I am in the 1st allocation group, which I was told originally I was 3 of 4. She said she couldn't. I did not put any money down, I just have a copy of my order that was placed May 6. I'm nervous this car will never get picked up!!!
I now have the opportunity to put money down (non-refundable) on a car that has been picked up for production during October. My question, should I go with this new order and put the money down and just be happy the car will be here by the end of November, or should I wait on my original order that may get picked up before then??

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
irisheyes said:
Ok...I'm getting no where with my dealer. I called and they said that their one EOP car was picked up for production today (which is wrong seeing as all of the first 1K are produced, right?). Well, I asked her to check the allocation numbers to make sure that I am in the 1st allocation group, which I was told originally I was 3 of 4. She said she couldn't. I did not put any money down, I just have a copy of my order that was placed May 6. I'm nervous this car will never get picked up!!!
I now have the opportunity to put money down (non-refundable) on a car that has been picked up for production during October. My question, should I go with this new order and put the money down and just be happy the car will be here by the end of November, or should I wait on my original order that may get picked up before then??

if the second one you are looking at has already been preferenced or picked up..coded 2500,,but get a copy of the VOMS printout of that order first...to ensure you are getting the straight story.. does the second car..have what you want on it..options color etc......then I would put my money down on that one....since you are 3 of 4 on the other dealers first allocation..and they seem clueless..I would go with the second dealer...and be extremely happy...that you found a dealer with a allocation left at all!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
irisheyes said:
their one EOP car was picked up for production today (which is wrong seeing as all of the first 1K are produced, right?).
ALL orders placed during the 10 days of 4/15-4/24 or so are considered EOP cars. Only difference is that the low numbers were sold out in 41 minutes. The rest of a dealers first four month allocation placed during the EOP window classifies the cars as EOP cars, just not F1k. A "picked up" EOP will be built and shipped a lot sooner than a future allocation that ahs not been preferenced yet, and if the dealer goes with 'money talks" then they might bump a deposit ahead of verbal or even written comittment, wrong but it happens.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. :)

Oops, I meant their only 1st 1K order was picked up today. I think we are all going a little crazy here!!!! :willy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts