Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the owner of a soon to arrive 1K Solstice loaded exactly the way I ordered it back on 4-15-05 except for one small detail. I ordered aggressive, but somewhere along the way something got jumbled and I'm now receiving mysterious. All other options are as I ordered them (except possibly painted vs. polished wheels). My dealer has been super throughout this order process and when he called me today with a vin # I knew it was the wrong color from following "the list" on-line. The build date was 7-25-05 and the vin# is 337. He realized it was wrong from looking at the invoice. He doesn't have a solution obviously as it is in transit and about two weeks away. If I want a 1K badged car, it looks as if it will be black..... Any thoughts?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Enjoy it!!!
You don't want tomato red anyway.
Red is meant for mid-life crises.
Red convertible is terrible cliche.
The grapes are probably sour anyway. . .

·
Registered
383 Posts
Oklahoma said:
I am the owner of a soon to arrive 1K Solstice loaded exactly the way I ordered it back on 4-15-05 except for one small detail. I ordered aggressive, but somewhere along the way something got jumbled and I'm now receiving mysterious. All other options are as I ordered them (except possibly painted vs. polished wheels). My dealer has been super throughout this order process and when he called me today with a vin # I knew it was the wrong color from following "the list" on-line. The build date was 7-25-05 and the vin# is 337. He realized it was wrong from looking at the invoice. He doesn't have a solution obviously as it is in transit and about two weeks away. If I want a 1K badged car, it looks as if it will be black..... Any thoughts?
Thoughts??...Change your avatar to a mysterious Sol... :lol: :glol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Wow, that's a change. I don't get all these mistakes in orders we've been seeing.

Red/black both classic sports car colors.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Was it the Dealers fault or GM's fault?
I'd demand a First 1000 Aggressive Solstice (although they more than likely won't be able to do this).
That is what you ordered. :willy:

I'd take the mysterious for about 2K off sticker. ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
First of all, sorry to hear about your misfortune. I personally think black is a better color for this car & I believe the long term resale value will be better on black, than red, but if you wanted red, its hard to stomach getting something different.

Now, that being said, you could ask the dealer (assuming it was their error) if they would costomize your car at no added cost or add cost without profit or something reasonable that would make your car extra special. I remember seeing a photo of a customized Solstice black with red flames created by MBRP Inc. which I thought looked awesome. This would only work if you like in your face cars, but it is an option.

Other thoughts, have the dealer order you another red car as you want it with the understanding that you get to drive the black one until your red one is delivered. Call the black one a demo or whatever - just have an agreement that you get the red one & the dealer gets the black one back upon receipt of your red one without you loosing any money for driving the black one during this time period. You won't have the 1st 1000 badge on your red one, but you will get to have alot of fun sooner than you would have & you get your red car eventually.

You could go for free services or oil changes, etc...for a couple of years.

Good Luck!!

USA

·
Registered
383 Posts
Best advice...

If you really don't want this vehicle in the Mysterious color...here is a simple plan of action for you. You must follow it exactly as I have it stated or it will do you no good and you will be stuck with the vehicle you don't want. After 15 years in the car business, I can assure these types of mistakes happen a lot. Fortunately, you do have one area of recourse. It's actually quite simple..I'll take it!! hahahaha :lol:

·
Registered
70 Posts
On second thought, I just realized why you want red, so here is my new advice.

Have the dealer paint the car Burn't ORANGE & place a Longhorn in the middle of the hood - It will certainly add value to your car in Oklahoma - right!! :lol:

USA

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Had that happen once on a new car order. I order black, it arrived white! How could they (Ford) screw that up? But if I decide I don't like deep (dark blue) may be we could trade!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
That sucks. I would hate to be stuck with black. However it is a very popular color and therefore easy to sell. So take the car, order what you really wanted and then when the new car comes in, sell the Mysterious one. Demand, and the fact that it is a 1k should compensate for any depriation. Hell you might even make a profit!

The other stratagey would be take the Mysterious and then wait for the GXP in maybe a year and half. Either way I would take the black car and then decide what to do.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I do not understand why it could not be send back and be produce as an aggressive Solstice, if the error was with the dealer or GM.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
One more possibility ... you could try posting a thread titled "Want to trade Black First 1k for Red First 1k" I would say it's unlikely to work, but there has been a LOT of second guessing about colors that people have ordered and you might just find somebody who ordered red but decided they preferred black after it was too late to change. If you worked something out in advance, you could both agree to keep minimal miles on the car until a trade could be arranged, which would hopefully be sooner than later.

Oh well ... just a thought.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Oklahoma said:

I like black better anyway, thats what I ordered.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Oklahoma,

Only you can make the decision if you want to accept the black. The nice thing about the black is that there is a nice contrast with the rear lights. With the aggressive the lights just kind of blend in. I thought about getting the aggressive, but I really like the looks of the rear lights and again it seems to me that they get lost in all of the red. Good luck on your decision. I don't think you will go wrong in whatever you choose.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guys, I think I'd be crazy not to take this car in any color except burnt orange! (Ha, Millionaire is right! I only wish I had vin #6 this year, right Millionaire? But then I'd want vin #7 next year....) But seriously, you guys are right. I could even add some red leather center panels to the seats to satisfy my red habit since the interior is black leather. I really don't know whose fault it was as they had great difficulty ordering on that day with me being the only lucky one to get a car. My dealer has been and will continue to be great and I certainly wouldn't blame him anyway. Yes, I guess I need to change my avatar....

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Oklahoma said:
I could even add some red leather center panels to the seats to satisfy my red habit since the interior is black leather.
You could also put red stripes on it! Sort of a "Black Widow" look. :cool:

·
Registered
110 Posts
SlySol said:
One more possibility ... you could try posting a thread titled "Want to trade Black First 1k for Red First 1k" I would say it's unlikely to work, but there has been a LOT of second guessing about colors that people have ordered and you might just find somebody who ordered red but decided they preferred black after it was too late to change. If you worked something out in advance, you could both agree to keep minimal miles on the car until a trade could be arranged, which would hopefully be sooner than later.

Oh well ... just a thought.
Not a bad idea after all, if they made a mistake and gave you black, maybe a mistake red car would come along? Is it possibly somebody at EOP HQ could watch for this? Maybe some other office in GM..

·
Registered
990 Posts
Karen1506 said:
Not a bad idea after all, if they made a mistake and gave you black, maybe a mistake red car would come along? Is it possibly somebody at EOP HQ could watch for this? Maybe some other office in GM..
Maybe they could "accidentally" make it happen. :yesnod: :lol:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts