Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm a new forum member but have had my solstice for three years. I'm from Ontario near London so every winter I put the car away but I have still managed to rack up more than 140,000 enjoyable kilometers in it. I've taken my time to decide how I want it to look and have a GTO hood, GXP side skirts, front valance, functional fenders and a center outlet rear diffuser on its way all from Norms Fiberglass. I've read up on the fender install in this forum and can handle that no problem but I was really wondering if anyone has swapped out their hood and is there any tips or tricks that may help to make the install easier... I'll have some before and after pics to share as well as any advice I can share after each part I experience. Just a quick shout out to Norm for all the parts that are on their way. Thank you for everything and awesome designs. Top notch.....

Spiderbait...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Welcome Spiderbait. Have you just discovered the forum, or have you been reading and waiting for three years? Either way, we are glad you are out. Its fun to read about projects on our favorite auto(s). We look forward to watching you progress.

·
Super Moderator
16,392 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Having done all the above, the rear valance was simple. Pop off the push pins, unhook the metal tabs at the end and reuse or retab. There are two metal brackets Norm provides to keep in place.

The fenders are easy but following the PDF for gapping is simple.

For the Hood. DO NOT UNBOLT THE HINGES FOR THE HOOD THAT ARE ON THE FRAME!!! It is more likely going to be right on if you keep them there. Just unhook the shocks for the hood and unbolt the hood on the hood side. Set the new hood without the shocks or headlights on. This allows you to adjust the hood to the gapping marks and then tighten them through the headlight openings. Then add the shocks and slowly bring down. You may need to adjust the hood forward or back depending on how the shocks adjust the gapping. Once you have the hood adjusted right, then add the side fenders and gap them to the hood.

My gapping is still not perfect but I missed this PDF from DaveOC. I'm goint to relook at this to see if I can make it better. Doing myself felt like a puzzle box. I'd adjust one side and the other would go a stray. Set it back and another goes out. Pretty soon...:brentil:

But I love my pieces from Norm. They are quality made and light as all get out. Watch opening your hood for awhile. It will eject rather furiously.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts