Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

After 9 months gestation, it's here

3K views 39 replies 23 participants last post by  jimmyo 
#1 ·
9 months to the day since I put down my deposit, my agressive Solstice has been delivered. Believe me, the wait was worth it. No flaws found, all seams line up, no paint problems.
My dealer called me on my cell phone around 1:50 PM to tell me that my Solstice was sitting on the showroom floor. By 2:00 PM, my vacation papers were signed and delivered and I was out the door. Got to the dealership around 3 and after much picture taking and hand shaking, we signed the papers and I was on my way. Vin 1741 had 26 miles on the odometer, a full tank of gas, and a killer shine. Finally stopped to eat supper around 9 PM. I love the car. I have the rest of the week to get acquainted with it.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Congrats brother!

Did it bother you how those 26 miles were added to the clock? I have visions of the guys in the shop taking laps around the block taking it up to red line. Yikes!

When I picked up my last new car (Volvo) it had less than 3 miles on it.

Now where the h3ll is 1352??

#8 ·
JetBlackE31 said:
Congrats brother!

Did it bother you how those 26 miles were added to the clock? I have visions of the guys in the shop taking laps around the block taking it up to red line. Yikes!

When I picked up my last new car (Volvo) it had less than 3 miles on it.

Now where the h3ll is 1352??
Well, the engine was still warm when I got to the showroom to pick it up, but they said that they just ran it down to the gas station to fill it. Who knows?
I'm just happy it's in my garage now.

#9 ·
jimmyo said:
Well, the engine was still warm when I got to the showroom to pick it up, but they said that they just ran it down to the gas station to fill it. Who knows?
Here's another question for a fresh owner. You said that the dealer called and said it was on the showroom floor.

If you had it to do all over again, would you PREFER to get there when the truck shows up, and see it all dirty and grimey, then wait at least a few hours til the shop and detail departments were done with it to take it home?

Assuming you had the time to do that....

#11 ·
jimmyo said:
Fantastic picture, beautiful car and a happy guy. Nice goin JimmyO, can't wait to have the same picture taken. Best wishes for you and your Sol. :party:

#12 ·
birdliver said:
Fantastic picture, beautiful car and a happy guy. Nice goin JimmyO, can't wait to have the same picture taken. Best wishes for you and your Sol. :party:
Thanks, guys. I'm going back and forth from the computer to the garage. Can't stay away from it. I got the top line CD player, and I'm trying out the mp3's now. There's an awful lot for an old guy to learn. Good thing I took the rest of the week off. I will probably have to limit my time on the forum so I can devote the time to my new baby that she deserves!
:)

#15 ·
jimmyo said:
Thanks, guys. I'm going back and forth from the computer to the garage. Can't stay away from it. I got the top line CD player, and I'm trying out the mp3's now. There's an awful lot for an old guy to learn. Good thing I took the rest of the week off. I will probably have to limit my time on the forum so I can devote the time to my new baby that she deserves!

You should have bought a carpet runner for the floor between the computer and the garage. :lol: Or that wireless laptop option...

#17 ·
jimmyo said:
And just where the hell would I put that in my Solstice?
:lol:
On the workbench in the garage so that you can sit out there and still see the car.

#21 ·
jimmyo said:
9 months to the day since I put down my deposit, my agressive Solstice has been delivered. Believe me, the wait was worth it. No flaws found, all seams line up, no paint problems.
My dealer called me on my cell phone around 1:50 PM to tell me that my Solstice was sitting on the showroom floor. By 2:00 PM, my vacation papers were signed and delivered and I was out the door. Got to the dealership around 3 and after much picture taking and hand shaking, we signed the papers and I was on my way. Vin 1741 had 26 miles on the odometer, a full tank of gas, and a killer shine. Finally stopped to eat supper around 9 PM. I love the car. I have the rest of the week to get acquainted with it.

Congradulations! :party:

#22 ·
Congratulations, enjoy your new car, have a great vacation. :party: :party:

#24 ·
jimmyo said:
You may want to start with the MP1's, move up to the MP 2's and graduate on that MP3 thingy. :lol:

Car looks great, now go break it in before the snow breaks out :yesnod:

#25 ·
Jimmy,

That's great!! Congrats on the new car. :party:

I think if I decided to take my wireless laptop with me to look at my car, my wife would finish the commitment papers!! :lol: :crazy: She already thinks I spend too much time on the forum! Oh well, at least until my car arrives, this is my point of much info and an outlet for frustration. :willy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.