Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 07 GXP, Manual Trans, GM Certified in May 2011 from a dealer in Fond Du Lac, WI. I reside in Chicago. I was never into sports cars until I saw this car while searching for convertibles. I fell in love. I am a business analyst consultant so I did my due diligence in not only locating this vehicle, researching it w/packages avail, car fax, previous repairs, etc. - at least I thought I did. The ONLY reason I purchased this specific vehicle was because it was GM Certified with all the details/perks I was looking for. I had it only 3 weeks and the ck engine light went on. I took it into a dealer close to my home. I had to take it into the dealer 4 times for a length of 5 weeks (during summer) before they figured out that there was a small cloth thing in one of the fuel injectors while having other multiple issues. The first time I brought it in for the ck engine light, they changed the spark plugs and the light went off. They gave it back to me and the next day on my way to work driving on Interstate 90, the car shut down completely, while I was driving and I was almost hit by an 18 wheeler. Thank goodness I had enough driving movement still going that I could get to the shoulder. A bit scary. Had to have it towed back to dealer. Besides that main issue, the other issue was the leaky convertible top. After a few adjustments, the dealer replaced it. However, the convertible top on the right side of the trunk lid keeps popping up for no reason. 2 days prior to my GM Certified warranty expiring, I noticed the pillar on the inside of the passenger side windshield was pulling away. I was livid so I called the dealer and drove it up there so they could look at it prior to the service dept closing. I now got the General Manager involved. She was/is AWESOME. After a thorough inspection of the vehicle, I got the word yesterday that it was in an accident, smashed from behind (NEVER REPORTED), frame is bent which is causing the trunk lid to be off (no more adjustments), which is causing the convertible top to pop out of the closure and leak, which is then causing the pillar to bend. This cannot be fixed. The GM of this dealership in Elgin, IL now has General Motors involved because this vehicle should have NEVER been certified. The dealer was also supposed to provide me with paperwork showing/explaining the specifics/outcome of the certification. They never provided this to me and sent me an e-mail telling me so. I have been paying on this vehicle loan for a year and I paid for the certified warranty, which was included in the cost. I am not sure what is going to come out of this, but I know I am in good hands with this dealership. They have been awarded as one of the top General Motor Dealerships in the nation for the last couple of years. :cuss::cryin:

Has anyone else had issues like this?

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Um, no. Thankfully. I'm not sure what your outcome could be but it sounds like you made all the connections you should. Keep us posted on the results and good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Me either, but that sounds like a systemic failure! GM got duped and they should suck it up while chasing down the offender and sending him into the system........

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
It does sound like you are in good hands. I hope it works out, and you still end up in a Solstice at the end of it all.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would sell that thing if I was having those kind of issues. Luckily mine has been problem free. Glad to see you are getting top notch service from GM as that is hard to find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts