Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
What other mods have you made to your engine? Why do you want to install an aftermarket BOV?

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
We use the synapse on most all of the 2871 turbo installs for several reasons. We are very happy with the response of it, the synapse will dump pressure quicker then the stock bypass valve, the synapse does not leak even at very high pressures and I also like the look of it (personal taste thing).

You can use one on the Solstice/Sky and they are sold with an aluminum weld on flange that can be easily welded to either of the charge tubes, but we typically install it on the drivers side tube if we can.

Hope that helps,
Dave

·
Registered
311 Posts
Guys i have Solo center exhaust, highflow cat and trifecta tune with all ic pipes, synapse bov just won't work too quiet I'm looking for something to vent to atmosphere and give me a loud whoooshhh sound ;)

Ideas on ones that do work and what i'd need to get it accomplished without fearing the codes.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Guys i have Solo center exhaust, highflow cat and trifecta tune with all ic pipes, synapse bov just won't work too quiet I'm looking for something to vent to atmosphere and give me a loud whoooshhh sound ;)

Ideas on ones that do work and what i'd need to get it accomplished without fearing the codes.
I seem to recall an issue with an atmosphere vent and the MAF readings...

·
Registered
167 Posts
dejon intake and dejon BOV replacement spring. makes all kinds of noise.

·
Registered
628 Posts
No issues and I vent to atmosphere... HKS SSQV III--- and yes I get the high pitched engine "Queef." It was exactly what I was looking for and I can't complain!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Racer X - what did you do in order not to get any problems? Which way did you do the hoses? BOV on the right side or left? I can't find the model you have only HKS Super SQV4 also did you use Compressor Bypass Valve Clamp?

·
Registered
628 Posts
So your telling me you could not find an HKS SSQV III? Internet is a good place to start!

as for a diagram I'll post a pic, but it's kinda small- I'm sure you can blow it up tho.

you will need to install a compression spring from Dejon in your factory turbo so it wont leak at 21+psi. then you just take the boost line off of the factory internal BOV and connect it to your BOV. The line connects from the 3way fitting on the intake mani (the little black box thingy behind the red bar) to the nipple on the back of the BOV.

·
Registered
311 Posts
So your telling me you could not find an HKS SSQV III? Internet is a good place to start!

as for a diagram I'll post a pic, but it's kinda small- I'm sure you can blow it up tho.

you will need to install a compression spring from Dejon in your factory turbo so it wont leak at 21+psi. then you just take the boost line off of the factory internal BOV and connect it to your BOV. The line connects from the 3way fitting on the intake mani (the little black box thingy behind the red bar) to the nipple on the back of the BOV.
If I'm replacing the stock BOV with another different BOV call me stupid but why change compression spring on the stock BOV if I'm removing it? As for searching online i have found some on ebay :chill:

·
Registered
628 Posts
If I'm replacing the stock BOV with another different BOV call me stupid but why change compression spring on the stock BOV if I'm removing it? As for searching online i have found some on ebay :chill:
Because the stock BOV could still let pressure out, because it was not designed to withstand greater than 18psi! The spring will tighten the stock BOV to ensure it will not leak.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I orderd my spring thursday. Will be here next week.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Because the stock BOV could still let pressure out, because it was not designed to withstand greater than 18psi! The spring will tighten the stock BOV to ensure it will not leak.
thanks for the info Racer X but if im completely removing the stock bov im confused about having to place a spring on the stock bov to hold the pressure, so the car would have 2 bov's?

My thought after asking dejon powerhouse was after removing the stock bov i'd replace it with HKS and use the compressor bypass valve clamp and call it a day but i was just looking for a second opinion.

·
Registered
628 Posts
thanks for the info Racer X but if im completely removing the stock bov im confused about having to place a spring on the stock bov to hold the pressure, so the car would have 2 bov's?

My thought after asking dejon powerhouse was after removing the stock bov i'd replace it with HKS and use the compressor bypass valve clamp and call it a day but i was just looking for a second opinion.
You aren't going to be able to completely remove the factory BOV as it is part of the factory turbo- and cannot be removed without getting a new compressor housing.

Have you examined the factory BOV? take a look at it--- it requires a 10mm socket, and it has 3 bolts on the front.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Are you on the stock turbo? if so, then why are you wanting to vent to atmosphere? just for the noise? that's gonna require a complete re-tune to go along with that BOV, maf relocation, and IC piping. kind of a huge waste of money for a little bit of noise dont ya think? if you want the sound, just upgrade the spring and ditch the stock airbox in lieu of a CAI.

Here's a little reading from the guy who did your tune.
http://www.wot-tuning.com/forums/topic/124-why-does-vince-get-so-grumpy-about-blow-off-valves-bovs/

There's a bit more to your BOV swap than you may be willing to deal with for just a little more noise. Those who do have an external BOV on a Solstice usually have an upgraded turbo that requires it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts