Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any after market wheels for the Sol? GM is coming up with different car designs but the wheels are always the same s spoke design. Borrring. They need to come up with more optons on wheels.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Anything that fits the wheel spacing that Solstice uses will be usable on the car. I'm not sure wht the Sosltice uses, but you can bet it's a standard size. Especially since some of the wheels it uses seem to come from other cars.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yeah any info on wheel spacing would be appreciated!

I saw the factory upgraded rims may be $1000 would consider putting that towards aftermarket rims.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Find the spacing for the 18" chrome Bonneville rims and you should have the Solstice information you want.

According to www.tirerack.com the Bonneville uses a 5-115 bolt pattern.

·
Registered
527 Posts
From the pictures it looks like 5x115 bolt pattern. The only other common 5 bolt patterns that gm uses is the 5x100, which is strictly for small fwd cars, and 5x4.5, which is used for the big rwd cars. Unless the Kappas are MUCH larger than the appear in the pictures, I can pretty much rule out the 5x4.5 wheels just from looking at it. That leaves 5x100 or 5x115. 5x115 is much much more prevalent and a stronger bearing/hub design to boot. My bet is 5x115... but can't say for sure.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
SkyCaptain said:
From the pictures it looks like 5x115 bolt pattern. The only other common 5 bolt patterns that gm uses is the 5x100, which is strictly for small fwd cars, and 5x4.5, which is used for the big rwd cars. Unless the Kappas are MUCH larger than the appear in the pictures, I can pretty much rule out the 5x4.5 wheels just from looking at it. That leaves 5x100 or 5x115. 5x115 is much much more prevalent and a stronger bearing/hub design to boot. My bet is 5x115... but can't say for sure.
The Malibu Maxx and the Saturn ION RL use something different altogether... 5X110 (yep, it's a wierd bolt pattern). So it could be that one as well.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I didn't know that. I haven't even heard of that bolt pattern before. Are there even any aftermarket wheels made in that bolt pattern?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The option code we got for the Solstice wheels are the same as the Bonneville. So unless GM is using fairly different wheels under the same option code, I'm betting it's the same 5-115.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
brentil said:
The option code we got for the Solstice wheels are the same as the Bonneville. So unless GM is using fairly different wheels under the same option code, I'm betting it's the same 5-115.

I'm betting it's not. ;)

One place the option codes don't match part numbers is on wheels.

·
Registered
97 Posts
GM uses option codes over and over. For example, the option code on a 3/4 ton 8-lug steel wheel is the same as the option code on an aluminum 5-lug wheel on a Grand Am. The Bonneville wheels will not be on the Solstice, nor will the SRX wheels be on the Solstice.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Most of the cars today use a 40mm offset. I hope the Solstice has the 40mm offset - there are a lot of aftermarket rims with this offset in 18. I will be getting aftermarket rims. Anyone want to buy my Solstice stock rims? :yesnod:

·
Registered
66 Posts
AJC said:
Most of the cars today use a 40mm offset. I hope the Solstice has the 40mm offset - there are a lot of aftermarket rims with this offset in 18. I will be getting aftermarket rims. Anyone want to buy my Solstice stock rims? :yesnod:
I'm going to have to get some stock wheels somewhere. Since this will be my first RWD car, I expect I'll bang a few curbs before I get the hang of it. :devil:

·
Registered
527 Posts
I don't know WHAT I was thinking before!

5x4.5 and 5x115 are virtually identical in appearance. It is quite possible that this uses the vette/firebird bolt pattern.

My bet is still on the 5x115 since they still look like common small car offsets, instead of deep-dish rwd rims. Still, the vette has the same kind of appearance...

Anything is still possible on these. Maybe the next guy to take pics can hold a ruler up to the wheel...

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
I stand corrected.

Went googling, on GM brake systems that are 11.7" front brakes, 10.6" rear brakes...

The ION redline and the Malibu Maxx have those approximate sizes. So it's probable that these are the same brakes that the Solstice will get.

Then I went looking for wheels for the ION Redline, Malibu Maxx and came up with 5X110 (not 5X112, sorry!).

So my bet is on 110 mm bolt circle.

·
Registered
163 Posts
chenslee said:
I'm going to have to get some stock wheels somewhere. Since this will be my first RWD car, I expect I'll bang a few curbs before I get the hang of it. :devil:
I'll save them for you. :D

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Hey, I'll sell you mine and I'll drive them to your place (provided I can get all four to fit in the passenger seat). It's looking like I might have to drive at least as far as Beaumont just to find a dealer.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts